Newbies Guide to Resnet - notes/ideas

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

lol ok well if u needs ne help or nething just let me know i will prob be doin a tut anyway
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I've been looking into getting IRC running on twofo - shouldn't be difficult. Then, perhaps someone can even run a client that runs on DC and IRC that relays chat between both servers!

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

cocodude wrote:I've been looking into getting IRC running on twofo - shouldn't be difficult. Then, perhaps someone can even run a client that runs on DC and IRC that relays chat between both servers!

Cocodude
should be possible... but I would actually relay between the servers rather than via the client.. reckon that would be cooler.. but cocodude do u wanna run the IRC network on twofo then.. I'll get the whole thing setup then send it to u then!! or give u access to an ftp where u can download the all the files from :P
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

echelon wrote:should be possible... but I would actually relay between the servers rather than via the client.. reckon that would be cooler..
It might, but that might also be a lot more difficult and code will need to be changed should I change my DC or IRC server.
but cocodude do u wanna run the IRC network on twofo then.. I'll get the whole thing setup then send it to u then!! or give u access to an ftp where u can download the all the files from :P
I've been looking into setting it up and have already compiled an IRC server on the twofo box, so I just need to configure it and get it running really. Thanks though!

BTW, with the Wiki, if you want a /me command, just add it to the to do list - that's the idea behind it!

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

ahh cool.. actually the reason why I said I'd send u the code for the IRC server is that I'd implement the chat thing into it.. My aim would be to have the IRC server log on to the DC++ hub as a bot and simply do all the posting to it.. the question is then whether I could also get it to take the code back to the IRC channel.. but its worth playing with :P