A more detailed, noobie-friendlyesque version will appear later, with detailed instructions for compiling.
- 1) Make sure you have Developer Tools installed. They can be installed on the OS X install Disc under Optional Installs/Xcode Tools/XcodeTools.mpkg ...
2) Download, extract and compile stunnel from stunnel.org - should compile just fine.
3) Download and install SLL Enabler, hosted at the time of writing at http://www.swissdisk.com/support/downlo ... nabler.dmg
4) Download Shakespeer from http://shakespeer.googlecode.com/files/ ... -0.9.7.dmg
5) Start Shakespeer, share some files and folders in order to get it hashing while you complete the rest of the setup
6) Start SSL Enabler. It will ask to install Stunnel. Click yes, the install happens in the background, but doesn't work very well in reality (so yes, that's why we need step 2), but at least it wont ask you again. Then, configure followingly:
Localport: any of your choosing. eg. 8000.
Remote Server IP: hub.twofo.co.uk
Remote Port: 4146
--> Press Save
7) Go to Shakespeer settings, set network mode to Active, and enter your ip-address manually in the settings (it wont work with automatic mode). Port can be anything really (eg. 9176).
8 ) Go to bookmarks: Add a bookmark.
Address: 127.0.0.1:8000 (or the port you chose earlier, obviously)
9) Connect and enjoy a healthier (??) Valknut-free life at twofo.
Love and kisses,
edit: AND, btw. if there is some small and energetic OS X fan (as small and adamantly energetic as the fans on my macbook...omgLoLrotfl...so fucking lame) out there to replace the installStunnel.sh inside the SSL Enabler package with a working script and pre-compiled stunnel files, the package could be tweaked into an easy, no command-line/devtools needed solution, adapted for the twofo-MacNoobies.
(Tested with OS X 10.5, 10.5.2, 10.5.3)