Twofo minimum share limit

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Twofo minimum share limit

Post by cocodude »

Hi all,

There are presently 225 people on twofo. This is prety much the limit of my bandwidth. I will check out alternate hub software, but if none prove to be suitable, I'm considering upping the minimum share amount to around 5GB. I know this may cause problems for some, but I have to limit the amount somehow. Comments are welcome.

This won't happen quite yet - I will post again before it does.

Cocodude
Efex

Post by Efex »

i think it should be more around the 10gb mark.
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

5GB sounds good to me. People have had ample time now to get stuff now. Have to wait and see whether the 10GB limit is necessary though I think.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Yeah, 5GB seems fair, I mean, how many people still have computers with <10GB hdds now??
10GB is also a possibility, though I think that we should look at the difference that a 5GB limit makes
Ikkath

Post by Ikkath »

I think an increase to 5Gb will not make that much of a difference, I'd say 10-15Gb at least. Though as said above - lets see what effects a 5Gb cap has...
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Well currently ~35% of the hub is sharing < 5GB [140 users online] so I'd have said that it would make a difference, even if all it does is stop people from being complete leeching goits
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I'm just about to update the minimum to 5GB. Let's see how this works.

Cocodude
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

by the looks of it the hub is full of leeching twits since we still got a large number of ppl, up it to 10gb maybe, should reduce the amount of people (and consequently leechers).

i mean most ppl actually started to share the min limit just to stay in. plus even with this many ppl theres still a slight lag (prob caused by cocodude's upload being whored by torrents being seeded)

oh well, im ranting coz im bored shitless, i say kill all leeching freshers
Satan Commands Me
lost&found

Post by lost&found »

maybe we should set it up so that only people with a share ratio of over 1 are allowed in the hub :p

that'd work!!

hahahahahaha
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Share ratios are client side 'm afraid... although I might investigate creating a modified client that slows your downloads if your share ratio is rubbish, you can then make it so that the hub will only certain clients :)
lost&found

Post by lost&found »

was actually joking :p

if starting afresh, it would be impossible for everyone to have a share ratio above 1, as the ratios must all balance out to 1!
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

tht wouldnt be good since ive downloaded 5 times more than uploaded, its not my fault other users cant download quickly off of me, i dont even limit my upload much nemore, it varies from 15-25 kbs max....

oh well
Satan Commands Me