Possible Alternitives to DC (FTP discussion)

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

Tsenister

Post by Tsenister »

wingman wrote:agh...someone had to post about HTTP tunnelling! shhhhh shhhs...if it gets that bad and everyone does it it won't work - shhhs keep the details to yourself :P
pretty obvious tbh....
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

lol yep but shushhhhh! :lol:
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

come on guys... lets not make ITS more stupid than they are.. they kno bout HTTP tunneling.. the only difference is that now a lot of noobs will be googling it and trying to get it to work on turn it into a great big disaster.. so noobs if u didnt kno bout it dont try it :P

{echelon hypnotises u and u forget about HTTP tunneling, u dont kno wat it is and u dont wanna google it!!}

should I keep going??

{echelon continues his hypnotic techniques on u, u decide better to go make a sandwich and forget all bout HTTP tunneling}

there we go 8)
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

:shock:
argggg im lost ? who am i ?:o..dam echelon
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

damn might have gone slighly overdrive there.. maybe I went slightly too far on Crazyfool.. I'll just consult my great book of ancient and sacred visdom

{echelon goes to read "Hypnosis for Dummies"}
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

lol :P dont mess with that stuff its dangerous! like voodoo magic !!
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:lol :P dont mess with that stuff its dangerous! like voodoo magic !!
ohh but dont worry.. I got my Dummies book.. it can teach me anything :lol:
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

BUMP!!

:idea: I really think this needs to be addressed as DC++ is becoming harder and harder to access
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:BUMP!!

:idea: I really think this needs to be addressed as DC++ is becoming harder and harder to access
wat needs to be addressed?? my voodoo magic skills???

maybe I'll get the "Voodoo for Dummies" book as well.. as a supplement to my "Hypnosis for Dummies" book :P
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

haha yep ;) and also alternatives to DC ...;p
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:haha yep ;) and also alternatives to DC ...;p
ahh yes true... I think the FTP network is our best chance.. we just have to figure out how to run it.. maybe we should build a special server/client.. that could interact with the online site and also make searching easier.. anyone up for coding the client??
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

hummm i think coding the client has to be done once whe know what and where we a are running this from FTP is the strongest alternative we got so far .
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:hummm i think coding the client has to be done once whe know what and where we a are running this from FTP is the strongest alternative we got so far .
idea is that everyone uses this special client which automatically forces u to share using an inbuilt server.. the online site then checks that ur server is on when u log onto the site.. this means that u can only get access to the site when u urself are sharing something..

The client will only respond to other similar clients so that no other FTP clients will work.. this way ppl will have a minimum share again.. giving leechers a bit of a hard time ;)
bigjim16

is anyone else starting to write such a client

Post by bigjim16 »

Hi,

I've looked into it and it shouldn't be too hard (crosses fingers) to write such a client - Infact I have started! I'm just wondering if anyone else's done any work on this idea(PM me)

Cheers
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Re: is anyone else starting to write such a client

Post by echelon »

bigjim16 wrote:Hi,

I've looked into it and it shouldn't be too hard (crosses fingers) to write such a client - Infact I have started! I'm just wondering if anyone else's done any work on this idea(PM me)

Cheers
I have some friends working on clients like it.. (not using FTP tho) I will gladly help u with the code if u send it to me.. but currently I'm very busy.. hopefully I'll get more time once term ends :P