Boosting the volume through laptop speakers

Any other computer related talk.

Moderator: Operators

jjlondonuk

Boosting the volume through laptop speakers

Post by jjlondonuk »

Anyone know of any software that allows you to up the volume through laptop speakers/headphones. Even with all the volume controls (both within the player and windows) set to max, occasionally my volume could do with a boost. Anyone ever heard of a piece of software that will do that for you?
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

its called amplification.. I have hardware modules that do that for me.. but yes software does exist to do this.. I wrote some for a friend a few years ago.. hmm they're laying at home on some servers tho so I dont have them here.. but I'm sure u can find them online somewhere.. search for eith of these keywords: amplifier, amplication, amplify

good luck ;)
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

I use BS Player which has an equlaliser which can give a sometimes much needed boost the the volume. :D
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

astropoint wrote:I use BS Player which has an equlaliser which can give a sometimes much needed boost the the volume. :D
most players have equalizers.. VLC, BS player, winamp video, even Windows Media Player... if u want a proper boost u'll need an amplifier tho!!
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Yes, but for simple short term "I can't hear what's going on", the equaliser is OK
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

astropoint wrote:Yes, but for simple short term "I can't hear what's going on", the equaliser is OK
I guess.. but the amplifier will give u much better quality.. I prefer to use an amplifier especially in the case that u wanna play the movie/video/music to a crowd (or at least a few ppl or a large space) then the equalizer just wont do the job.. the quality often drops quite badly when using the max on the equalizer... and good amplifying software is easy to turn off/on
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

winamp has loads of DSP plugins that let you tweak the sound, and give you boost as well.
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

and winamp is fully spamable which comes in handy !
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

DSP is a good point I have them in winamp but usually prefer my hardware as the hardware will at the end of the day be the more powerful.. the software can only 'copy' the hardware to a certain extent :P