Twofo social 14

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Twofo social 14

Post by astropoint »

For the sake of perhaps getting some planning done for the next social, we thought the end of week 8 (March 5th/6th/7th) would be a good date next term. Partly because this is one of the only weekends Cocodude can make it up. Ideas/comments/suggestions?
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Re: Twofo social 14

Post by cocodude »

I think that's a fantastic idea.
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
Kegger

Post by Kegger »

Yep, I can book that in.

Mountains trips that i want to go on next term are weeks 3, 6 and 9...week 8 sounds good, I think week 1 is LAN...

I shotgun leamington, and I also have 2 spare mattresses, a spare room upstairs, lounge with a double sofabed, and floor space, so more then enough space for at least 6ish people.

Not to mention if its in Leamington, it is most likely that overspill can go to Mooo's and Sam's place (though obviously I'd ask them first)

YAY I get to see you lovely people :) *Excited*
indecisivebarf

Post by indecisivebarf »

I'm up for this too :)
indecisivebarf

Post by indecisivebarf »

Umm...so apparently the last day of the Real Ale Festival this year falls on the Friday of the twofo social. So, slightly fearing for my life for suggesting to change the long time twofo social tradition, I suggest maybe changing the pub crawl to saturday or having 2 nights on campus... Any thoughts?
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

indecisivebarf wrote:Umm...so apparently the last day of the Real Ale Festival this year falls on the Friday of the twofo social. So, slightly fearing for my life for suggesting to change the long time twofo social tradition, I suggest maybe changing the pub crawl to saturday or having 2 nights on campus... Any thoughts?
Spot on - this gets my vote.

Ale ftw!
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

My only reservation is the fact that there is generally sod all left on the last day, well apart from the shitty stuff that nobody else wants; given the fact that we will be going at the *end* of the last day too. :(
Kegger

Post by Kegger »

Fraid I won't be attending if its on campus on the friday. D:: Considering I haven't attended a social in a year, I still vote, LEAMMMINGTONNNN.

Also on the saturday it is my housemates birthday party in the evening, so anyone who wanted to come to that on the Saturday after hanging around on Campus for a few hours is more then welcome.

The birthday party won't be very taxing, as she's having an alice in wonderland party with cake, tea and alcohol with only a select set of people; so I won't be coming to Campus on Saturday either but anyone who is staying at mine can have a set of keys (if they still want to stay at mine) and can turn up at any point either early to come to the party, or late to crash out and sleep; if they need somewhere.

Its up to y'all but my vote is definitely crawl on Friday, campus as usual on the saturday, and party saturday night \o/
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

So....decisions people?
mids

Post by mids »

Beer.
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

alcohol
Satan Commands Me
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Yes, but where, and what sort :P
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Personal vote is for uni on Friday still. I usually find some kind of beer available, even if it's the stuff noone wants! Saturday's got Pressure on at the uni, which is probably too hardcore, so maybe Leam then?
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Any further thoughts, agreeing or disagreeing?

I hope to finalise this today so I can buy some train tickets at a reasonable price! If noone replies, we will go to uni on the Friday, Leam on the Sat.

Do reply!