Any other computer related talk.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Because I am just too lazy to change it now
mids

Post by mids »

i have epic amounts of those flyers that me and rampage printed last term that i'll spam into the maths students' pigeonholes when term starts... that reminds me - must get them cut up into their constituent mini-flyers
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

This may sound like a silly question, but are they correct? Seems i messed up the link to download DC itself and linked to the stunnel download....no idea how long that one has been up for
mids

Post by mids »

we printed about 400 of them out at the end of last term...
hope they're right... if not then ..... iunno, a few large posters in the street will catch people's attention... i'll have a look-see when i can find them to cut them into their little pieces
mids

Post by mids »

fail, i found all the flyers and that error is on all of them

guess it's time to get out the good old permanent marker then... :)
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Doh, sorry that's my fault then :(
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

yeah dont throw them out.. correct them somehow as they're likely to get torn down and need replacing anyway!
k28

Post by k28 »

i'm a freshers helper this year, so i might have a chance to hand some out...
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

k28 wrote:i'm a freshers helper this year, so i might have a chance to hand some out...
lol... I'd be a bit careful about how obvious you are about handing out the flyers.. not exactly like the union or uni are over-joyed by us :)
k28

Post by k28 »

echelon wrote:
k28 wrote:i'm a freshers helper this year, so i might have a chance to hand some out...
lol... I'd be a bit careful about how obvious you are about handing out the flyers.. not exactly like the union or uni are over-joyed by us :)
...i know. just if i end up handing out booklets etc, a couple of flyers might find themselves accidentally inserted into them =)
mids

Post by mids »

i'll sneakily crack them into the pigeonholes of all the first years... maybe lob a bunch of them out in MS.02 one first year foundations lecture or something...

leave them everywhere... library books, library workstations, stuck to windows, all over the learning grid floor...

i went through and put a big black line through the incorrect link on EVERY SINGLE ONE, and if first year n00bs on resnet don't know how to (google?) "download DC++" then they don't deserve the benefits...
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Why do I get the feeling that I am not going to hear the end of that typo for a very long time...
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Cool - this is sounding great.

I think Computer Science and Mathematics are the departments to aim for, possibly also sticking up a few things around peoples' halls.

What are you going to target, mids and k28?
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
k28

Post by k28 »

basically, i dont think theres really much point targetting the comp-sci students and the like.... they'll probably be able to work it out themselves.

i'll probably just tell any first years who i meet while i'm helping freshers... i'm also in a few societies etc, so i'll spread the word there.

=)
mids

Post by mids »

i'll concentrate on the maths building, making sure they're distributed in a couple of first year lectures as well... any/all which are left i would probably try to get spread around rootes (we had people campaigning for various things left, right and centre last year so it shouldn't be too difficult to get the word out)