Social Term 2 (Social 11, 2009)

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Social Term 2 (Social 11, 2009)

Post by echelon »

So not that I can keep track of the term dates. I would however like to propose a time for the term 2 social.

the weekend of the 27/28th of February.

If we plan this ahead of time I'll actually be able to set aside the weekend and make it to a twofo social again!!

Thoughts everyone?
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Re: Social Term 2 (Social 11, 2009)

Post by astropoint »

OK for the sate of getting started early....28th/29th looks ok to me. For anybody working in weeks of term, this is the end of week 8.
Week 9 (5th/6th March) is the Compsoc LAN, so in the hopes of actually getting more people to come this time I would probably suggest not then unless we have to.

If we do end up on this weekend Echelon you had better make it after having forced me into thought about this so early... :roll:
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I think I'm OK for this too. There's a slim (25%) chance I'll be on holiday though, but I can't do the week before and the one after, as astro said, is the CompSoc LANFest.
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
mids

Post by mids »

we'll have to discover when META is this year as well... it was in term 2 iirc last year... i remember (vaguely, i was drunk at the time) cocodude and yoinkster both expressing interest in a meta mission?
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

mids wrote:we'll have to discover when META is this year as well... it was in term 2 iirc last year... i remember (vaguely, i was drunk at the time) cocodude and yoinkster both expressing interest in a meta mission?
Yeah, I'm definitely up for Meta. It doesn't appear to be on the union website yet though, although Gatecrasher on 9th January sounds vaguely interesting.
Kegger

Post by Kegger »

I'm loving Meta too, it was awesome last year

Well until we got forced out due to the fire alarm that no one realised was a fire alarm due to the music...and then got forced like cattle outside and there was lots of pushing and shoving and this guy was sick all down my back (wasn't my top luckily..)

Oh and there was a cute guy..

Yes meta meta meta :D
yoinkster

Post by yoinkster »

mids wrote:we'll have to discover when META is this year as well... it was in term 2 iirc last year... i remember (vaguely, i was drunk at the time) cocodude and yoinkster both expressing interest in a meta mission?
sounds like sommat id say, im totally up for a meta.
can do any old weekend for the social from what i can tell, ive cleared my schedule just in case :P
mids

Post by mids »

wooo interest :D i'll keep an eye out for meta on the SU website and poke twofo if/when i hear anything :)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

As much as Meta sounds like a good idea I'm more up for getting a date settled so that I can make sure I can get there! :twisted:
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

It's as if you are trying to hint at something there Echelon....
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

astropoint wrote:It's as if you are trying to hint at something there Echelon....
nope not hinting at anything... plain a simply pushing everyone to confirm and settle on a date :D no hidden agenda or anything like that :P
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

OK for the sake of anybody needing to book time off I think I can confirm the weekend of 27th/28th Feb as the weekend of the social (end of week 8 for those working on Warwick term time dates still).
I think there are a fair number of people traveling for this one so if you could just say here so I can get an idea of how many people need sleeping places in/around campus that would be useful. So far we have myself, Cocodude, BigG, Kat, yoinkster, ZeeClone, Echelon. Any others?
mids

Post by mids »

I have all the floor space you can grab.. :D
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

I've booked holiday lasting from the friday to the saturday, all that remains is to book the national express tickets and I should be able to attend.
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Unfortunately, I cannot make the Friday now, but will endeavour to be there on the Saturday.