Twofo Summer Camp 2007!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Twofo Summer Camp 2007!

Post by Smelly_Kat »

For those of you that don't know already, we're planning a week long camping trip sometime this summer - it should be lots of fun and anyone from the hub is welcome to come along!

Yes, I know it's early but I thought we should start planning....

1) Dates: We really need to sort this out as some of you will need to plan time off work, arrange around holidays and whatever else - so spam away with when you're free/what time you can take off ASAP!

2) Where: We went to the Lakes last year - excellent location but a long way to travel for most of you! We need to decide is it worth going this far again, if not where else would you all like to go?

3) Transport: We need to know who has a car and if you're willing to drive. If we go the the Lakes again I suggest we do the same as last year, that is everyone come up via Darlington and I will drive people/kit from there [this saves me driving to the midlands and back again!]

4) Campsites: Ideally, we need to find a campsite we can book in advance, although many of them operate on a 'first come, first served' basis so we need to arrive early to secure pitches. Once we've decided on when and where I will start researching campsites.

5) Tents: If you're coming you need to bring your own tent - Cocodude + SpookyKid: I'll sort out your extra tent before the trip so don't worry about that. We will need to know who is coming so we can work out how many tents/pitches we need.

6) Kit List: Last time we did this not everyone had the right equipment! I will post a kit list closer to the time to let you know what to bring and what not to bring. Remember car space may be limited so please don't over pack! Please try to bring everything on the list - let us know if you don't have anything - I have spares of most things! Oh and as those of you who came last year will know: Come prepared for all weathers!

OK well I think that's everything we need to think about. So start suggesting dates!

Kat
Last edited by Smelly_Kat on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Any time for me - preferably before July so I take the holiday from this year as opposed to next! :)

I like the lakes, they are a tad far for some people but as we are planning an entire week this time, this should not be such of a problem as we could go up on the Saturday and come back on a week on Sunday.

It was only really a problem last time because all of the travelling was done within the space of three days and was a bit tiring.
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

To start off with sorting dates out....

Saturday 30th June: End of term and when I move out of Leamington. I assume we don't want to do the trip during term time?!

I have a weeks gap here before going on holiday

Saturday 7th July - Wednesday 18th July: I'm on holiday so cannot do this time.

Graduation is Monday 16th July - Friday 20th July: I suggest we don't arrange the trip during this time.

So I can do Sunday 1st July till Friday 6th July - How does this sound? If not how about Saturday 21st July till Saturday 28th July?

Start spamming!

Kat
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

OK well as nobody is posting...

The week Saturday 21st July - Sunday 29th July is best for me [saves me a lot of rushing about!]

I need to confirm dates ASAP!!

If anyone has any problems with this week then say so now!

Kat
Last edited by Smelly_Kat on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Noes! Double post!!1111

Yeah, that week is OK for me too.
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

should be fine with me. I don't think i have any plans for the summer at all. I can pester my parents tonight just in case :).

I will follow up this post later then etc.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Hmmm so definates are:
BigG
Smelly_Kat
SpookyKid
itsmonktastic

Almost certainly definate:
NakedDaro
ZeeClone
whyiseverynicktaken
Cocodude

Possibly:
Zed0

Awaiting:
g1n_munk3y_distillers_cut <--- Has said he cannot get a week off :( <---- He said *whole* week :P
firstchoice
Echelon
Last edited by BigG on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

I just questioned my mother, I won't have anything to stop me from going :)

Tum te tum..
Zed0

Post by Zed0 »

I'll come if I can, I've got a fair ammount on in the summer but it should just about fit in. Alps trip finishes on 15th ish July, ML training could be any time, not sure what else is happening.

I have a 2 man tent and a 4 man tent if they are needed.
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to get a whole week off either, but I should be able to attend at least some of the trip!

Cocodude (in Torquay)
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

I don't kno my summer schedule yet, so I don't know when I'll be in the UK. Otherwise sounds like a nice idea.
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

The sooner we have an absolutely definite date the better, I have to book time off way in advance, but at least I can be certain of getting however much time is needed. kat the cheque is in the post, let me know when it arrives please.

edit: who is itsmonktastic? have we met at a social?
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

itsmonktastic is a fresher. New voice on the hub, actually chats. Has trouble leaving :P
You might have met at the social in October....Tall, long hair....but then you may have left before he arrived
See the gallery if you want an actual photo, he's up on there somewhere, along with the rest of us rebrobates
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

We it looks like a lot of you can make the dates I suggested - so it's confirmed [near enough anyway] 21st - 29th July!

I suppose the next thing to talk about is tents, who has tents and who is sharing with whom.

SpookyKid: I got your cheque - thanks! [Well I guess it's from you!]. I'll buy the tent for you before the trip. :)

So far the tents arrangements are..
Me + BigG
ZeeClone + whyiseverynicktaken
SpookyKid
Cocodude

Currently, SpookyKid and Cocodude have a 3man tent to themselves each [note: I don't recommend putting more than 2 ppl in a 3man tent!]. It's up to you two how/if you want to share etc.

That leaves, itsmonktastic, NakedDaro and [possibly] Zed0 - so I expect we'll need a 5th tent.

So it looks like we're going to have 5 tents + gazebo - could be 'fun' trying to book that for a week. Me and BigG had a cunning plan of going early [Friday 20th] by ourselves and taking 2 tents + gazebo to make sure we actually get a pitch. As for a campsite that will actually take us, I suggest we try the one we went to last year in Great Langdale - they did take groups and didn't seem to care much about number of tents/size etc.

Kat
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

[13:23] <monk> -flipacoin Cocodude or SpookyKid?
[13:23] <Dogtanian> monk: The answer to Cocodude or SpookyKid? is: SpookyKid

Question is, is the dog wrong or right? :P