Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Re: mich is awesome

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Now we're all back on topic,
mich wrote:Hello
/me waves
Im pretty up for doing some camping. Think ive probably gotta 3 man tent. It depends on jobs and stuff if i go, but in theory well up for it.
w00t! Another camper! :D

We're running out of tent space fast so if anybody else would like to come you'll need your own tent!

Tent Arrangements so far...

Me + BigG + a load of kit - 3man
Cocodude + NakedDaro - 3man
SpookyKid + itsmonktastic - 3man
whyiseverynicktaken + ZeeClone - 2man
Zed0 - If you could please bring your 2man and 3man that'd be great! :)

That leaves..
Echelon
Mich

Echelon + mich - if you two are coming and don't have tents you'll need to sweet talk Zed0!

Obviously, we don't want to be crammed in like sardines for a week but at the same time we don't want to have hundreds of tents! We're more likely to get space/a pitch if we have fewer tents - so be prepared to share.

On Friday 20th July [the day before the camp starts], me, BigG, NakedDaro, SpookyKid and Zed0 will be going over to the Lakes to grab a pitch [hopefully a large one!] for us all. We'll take loads of kit and tents over to set up before the rest of you arrive on the Saturday. NakedDaro + Zed0 - are you two still OK getting to Darlington for this?

As I can only fit 5 people in my car we need to sort out how the rest of you are getting there. I know ZeeClone was thinking of coming up by train for the last weekend of the camp.

That leaves Cocodude, itsmonktastic, whyiseverynicktaken, mich and Echelon still in need of transport - any ideas?

Sorry for the uber-long post!
Kat
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Argh! I forgot completely...

We need someone to go round to astro's house, drag him out and bring him camping!

Any volunteers!?

PS. If you do volunteer for this - beware of The Penguins!

:P
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Yeah, I'll be carless by this time and in London. It's very likely I could travel up on the Friday after work or Saturday. Are there any train stations near to where we'll be camping that people could be picked up from?

P.S. Those penguins at astro's are really scary. Seriously, there's one lurking behind every corner waiting to surprise you.

Cocodude (back from his holiday, manically trying to find a place to live in London)
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
Zed0

Post by Zed0 »

Having looked at the trains etc I think it will probably be easier for me to get to Penrith and get picked up there if possible. What kind of time would you be passing?
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

Aye I've been contemplating my transport possibilities. I'm guessing train, although I have no idea what station I would have to be heading to?
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

OK well it sounds like we need a new plan so here goes.....

Me and BigG will bring cars however, we have to limit numbers to 10 people. Unfortunately, we can only take 10 people [if we want to go out anywhere whilst we're there we will have to leave some people at the campsite]. We will do this on a 'first come, first served' basis - so the first 10 definite replies - these are..

Group 1 - Southern Pansies!
BigG
itsmonktastic
SpookyKid
whyiseverynicktaken
Mich

Group 1 - You need to get yourselves to Leicester for around 11am - or as early as you can on the Friday!

Group 2 - Northern Monkeys!
Smelly_Kat
NakedDaro - I'll pick you up from Darlington station - bright and early on Friday MORNING! :P
Zed0 - I'll pick you up from Penrith Station on the Friday - could you get to Penrith for about 12 please? :)
Cocodude - If you're coming up on the Saturday, I'll pick you up from Penrith
ZeeClone - I'll pick you up from Penrith Station when you come up

Reserves:
Echelon - You never gave us a definite answer so we couldn't add you to the list.

Group 1 will be driven direct to the Lakes by BigG.

Group 2 [aka The Advance Party] will be driven by me from Darlington to the Lakes on Friday MORNING [after NakedDaro has arrived in Darlington] - most of the kit will go in my car! We will pick up Zed0 on the way at Penrith.

I'm really sorry we can't do anymore than this! If anybody has a car they can bring then more people can come otherwise - we have to limit to 10.

NOTE: This is only a provisional plan - we need definite confirmation before we finalize anything!

Kat

EDIT: Since whyiseverynicktaken's sister can't make it. Mich: As we couldn't get a definite answer out of Echelon you've been added to the list! You're in group 1 so need to get yourself to Leicester by 11am on Friday 20th July!

Note to all campers: Make sure you turn up with the right kit! We will check everyone is well prepared before leaving - you must have everything on the kit list before you leave - don't just expect us to provide everything!
yoinkster

Post by yoinkster »

heh,
sharing a car that binny's driving.

my good luck wishes to NakedDaro Zed0 Cocodude ZeeClone !!
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Oi!
/me *SPANKS* the yoinkster till his arse turns purple! :P
Oooooooh purple arse! :D
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

I'll just post the customary "On....Topic....." comment then
whyiseverynicktaken

Post by whyiseverynicktaken »

Hi! Does anyone have comfy climbing/walking type boots/shoes I can wear? I dont have any and cant really afford to buy them. :S I'm a size 7. Thanks!
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

I have hundreds of pairs - only problem is I'm a size 2 :\

Damn my midget-ness!
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

size.. 2... how!?
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Yes I know it's tiny, I'm a size 13 in bowling shoes :P

Anyway, enough of my midget-ness, back to camping...

Tent Arrangements
Me + BigG - [My 3man tent]
Cocodude + NakedDaro - [Cocodude's 3man tent]
SpookyKid + itsmonktastic - [SpookyKid's 3man tent]
whyiseverynicktaken + ZeeClone - [whyiseverynicktaken's 2man tent]
Zed0 + Mich - [Zed0's 3man tent]

Feel free to swap tents etc, this is only so I can confirm numbers!

Zed0: If you and Mich are OK sharing then you only need bring 1 tent.

So that's 5 tents, a gazebo and 2 cars - we should hopefully be OK with that! I'd like to keep the number of tents to a minimum [without cramming us all in of course] - we're more likely to get onto the campsite with fewer tents.

Please keep an eye on the Kit List - I will be updating it as I remmeber things - if there's anything I've missed let me know!

Kat
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yeah my summer is packed and uncertain still... also I'm likely to be elsewhere on family business. Hope u guys have a good time tho. Maybe I'll keep astro company on twofo while u guys are camping :P
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

all sounds ok to me Kat, I've booked a national express bus to arrive around 11ish, I've got both yours and Gs numbers so I'll keep you updated as to my progress to leicester, as we all know national express cannot be relied upon to be punctual, however they are cheaper than the train.

P.S I resent being called a southern pansy. :x
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'