Help, can't connect

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

saf101

Help, can't connect

Post by saf101 »

I am on campus and this is my first time using DC++ and it hasn't yet allowed me to start downloading files. My IP is correct (I have checked it over and over again) and stunnel is running, and I can't think of what else could be wrong. I am also currently sharing above the minimum amount of data required, and have connected to localhost:8000 via quick connect and it says that I am connected as of 22:46.
Help would be appreciated.
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Re: Help, can't connect

Post by astropoint »

Can you get onto the hub at all? By which I mean, can you see the list of users to the right, and the chat in the main window?
If yes, then first check your IP again...just to be sure :P Also, make sure you are only trying to connect to people who are on campus. You can get a list of people on campus by typing -resnet into the main chat window and it will give you the list.
Next, in order to test whether it is your firewall blocking DC++, try disabling any firewalls you have running (Norton, Mcafee, ZoneAlarm etc). This includes the windows firewall which often runs in the background unnoticed (See Control Panel -> Windows Firewall). You will need to add an exception for DC++ later if this turns out to be causing the problem.
Failing all of that, ask in the chat window and somebody will probably be around to help (well assuming it hasn't reached 4am or some such odd time).