Connecting On Campus

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

rb_daman

Connecting On Campus

Post by rb_daman »

Hey, I've used DC++ in my first yr with relatively no problems, but is it only possible to connect to DC++ from residential networks? or can we connect from other places on campus. i know you can't connect wirelessly, but can you connect via cable and then use it? if so, is it restricted to particular places/departments such as the university house etc?

thanks!!!!

rb_daman
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Only places in halls will work I am afraid. Nothing you can do to get around that.

(OK, before anybody gets picky yes you could connect to the hub from other places on campus, but you wouldn't be able to download from anybody)
ZeeC

Post by ZeeC »

Investigate torrents or places like GoLeech for your fix of Lost/Prison Break/Whatever you're addicted to.

The devil you know (DC++) is not the best when it comes to not being on campus.
The other penguins made me do it
rb_daman

Post by rb_daman »

:-( damn!!! kk, will jst go back to using azureus then, or maybe make loadsa first yr frnds and invite myself to their halls. cheers for the reply though
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Finding friends on campus is the usual way it works yes ;)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

rb_daman wrote::-( damn!!! kk, will jst go back to using azureus then, or maybe make loadsa first yr frnds and invite myself to their halls. cheers for the reply though
Doesn't necessarily have to be first years. Final year accomodation is on the resnet too. Of course whatever you want really...