Twofo Summer Social!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

BigG
Forum Spammer

Travelling times

Post by BigG »

Pretty much just for Cocodude's benefit...

It took me 2h30m to get back from Kat's tonight, at an average speed of 70mph ['cuz the weather was shite] including the near Sheffield where it is 50mph to avoid getting wtfpwned by the speed cameras of suck, so having a general speed of 75mph probably.

However, the journey up was a different matter, taking about 3h45m [probably more] because of traffic jams of much lameness, hence I hereby suggest that we/I/meh figure out a route that avoids the M1 until after Sheffield, where all the traffic jams cease to exist thereafter.

nb. neither of these times include stops [I did stop off at Blood_God's on the way up but have excluded this]
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Another route you can take would be the M18 then A1, it avoids the busy bit of the M1 around Leeds, I sometimes find it cuts out part of my journey.

Kat
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Right, let's sort out a few final details:

1. Let's have a definite decision as to which route I should take. Would someone like to make that decision?

2. SpookyKid, slight change of plan. Can you get off at Milton Keynes for about 10.30 as opposed to Northampton for 10.45. I've decided to take the day off work so this would be easier.

3. Does anyone have any portable speakers/CD player etc. for music?

Thankies!

Cocodude
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Get to Leicester however you like then

A46 -> Newark
A1 -> Darlington

Easy, huh? :P

I'll bring my MiniDisc player and I'll see if I can find any speakers - they'll be shite but better then nawt :)
whyiseverynicktaken

Post by whyiseverynicktaken »

Hey guys. I know this is very typically me....but whats gonna happen with the cooking of food? :? Pie and I (it rhymes!) have bought some potatoes, onions, baked beans, sausages, bread and corned beef to bring along as they can just be chucked on the fire and left there. as far as brekkie goes, we were gonna bring eggs and a frying pan and just leave it on the fire. Speaking of fire, I was gonna bring along that bag of charcoal I have and BigG's little barbeque cos they're great for fires and for cooking on! Is there anything else we need to remember to bring?
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

whyis: me + G have camping stoves which we'll bring so we can do most of our cooking on them.

Note: Great Langdale campsite allow BBQ's but *not* open fires!!

I propose we eat out on friday night as we're all gonna be knackered- the Old Dungen Ghyll pub does good food too :). We can make fryup on saturday morning and then BBQ on sat nite - is this ok with everyone?

whyis: I'll have a look at that sleeping mat I have but be warned its ancient and might not be uber comfy - I haven't slept on it in a while.

Kat
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

It's probably advisable to only take tinned [or other non-perishable] stuff up with you - don't forget we're more than likely gonna be in the car for 6h+. We can always buy that sort of stuff when we get there :)
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

/me goes hunting for gas canisters for his camping stove

[bleh... I know double posting is lame but I really couldn't be arsed to press the edit button instead... it's tooooo small!!!!11111]
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

lol BigG you lazy spammer :P

I wasn't planning on taking perishables there, we can get stuff in Ambleside on the saturday/fri night.

And dammit I need more gas for my camping stove :( must go camping shopping again on fri before you lot get up here.

Kat
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Hmmm the forcast for the weekend doesn't look good...make sure you all have waterproofs with you!

whyis & ZeeClone: make sure your new tent is waterproofed well!

Kat
whyiseverynicktaken

well....the ebay auction said the tent was waterproof so here's to hoping it is.............

I don't have a rain anorakky type thingy. And neither does Zeec. :cry: maybe Claire does....will ask but i doubt it. I thikn she took all her stuff home.
whyiseverynicktaken

We gave up on the eBay tent. It looks like it was assembled by blind monkeys. We ended up cycling to GO today (in the rain - it was ALL ZeeClone's idea) and bought ourselves a brand spanking new tent which is very well waterproofed, more compact, sturdier, and (wait for it) .......... HAS A PORCH! :D We also bought an extra groundsheet for it just in case. We also bought a collapsible 15 litre bottle for our water which we will need to fill up at either BigG's or Kat's place before we go. Also got new sleeping bags that are a lot more comfy. I'm so excited about tomorrow! (yes........even though it's gonna be crap weather and im gonna freeze! )
whyiseverynicktaken

I think I have a forum monologue going here. Anyhoo....... I'm so excited about tomorrow! only (+me looks at watch)7 hours to go before we go find a bus to get us to leicester! WOOHOO! :D
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Sounds sillyly early to me for a bus.
Have fun this weekend people :D
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Well here I am, just got into work and I'm bouncing already!! Yipeeee! I can't wait - shame about the weather though :( :(

Even if it does tank down all weekend and we get covered in mud and sheep poo, we're still gonna have lots of fun dammit!!

Be wraned...I'm gonna be hyper!! :D