Twofo social 15

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Twofo social 15

Post by astropoint »

And slightly late social planning hereby commences. The weekend for the social is the end of week 9, ie. the weekend of 25th-26th June. As before with the term 3 social it has to be then to avoid exams as best as possible and still be during term time.
Shall we try for a BBQ again this year and pray for good weather on the Saturday? Also meaning that we would most likely be in Leamington/elsewhere on the Friday (or campus again if that is easier for people, we are a tad low on the Leamingtonese this year). Offers of places for us olde merry type people would also be greatly appreciated. Anybody particularly object on moral, ethical or monster raving loony party political grounds?
BigG
Forum Spammer

Re: Twofo social 15

Post by BigG »

I object on the political grounds of the Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Typical politician, complaining about the problem but not actually suggesting a viable alternative :P
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Not expecting you to be fully in touch with this, but should England win their group, the quarter finals are on the Saturday. Thus, most people will want to go and watch telly I reckon.

25-26th isn't too bad, but I might only be able to make one of the two evenings.
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Ah. I assume it does actually end some time though (please god let the football cease some day....:P) so they can all just toddle off and leave the ones of us who aren't perhaps as bothered to lounge in the dreary rainy English summer and return afterwards? I suspect trying to find a bar on campus (or anywhere) during that should we be in the quarter finals would be...difficult at best.
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

My bad, it's the final 16, not quarter final :/
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

*changes the homepage post....
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

OK. Let's do the Friday social in Leamington and something uni-based on the Satuday. I'm buying train tickets now.
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Fine by me, I'll put up something a bit more specific on the homepage over the weekend. Spoons (as in all this time I still can't think of any other pubs in Leam off the top of my head) at 7 say on the Friday as a meeting place and move on as and when required?
Saturday 5-6 for the BBQ plus a bit of setup time beforehand?
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

For that matter....does anybody actually have a BBQ we could use...? Or is it a case of getting something disposable from Tescos on the day.

EDIT

Also, how many people are likely to not want to go see the football...other than me....even if it is England...? ie. is it worth me sitting in a field by myself for a few hours whilst it happens or is there somebody actually willing to join me :P
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

astro: I know you're not into the football so thought I'd let you know that England are playing on Sunday now.

I won't be coming up tonight (essentially, I would get there at 9.30pm because of where I'm working), but will be there tomorrow mid-afternoon.