[14:57] <mich> +me has no idea where the green man is
[14:57] <mich> nevermine
[14:58] <platinumspoon> tachbrook methinks mich
[14:58] <yoinkster> the green man !!!
[14:58] <yoinkster> thats down south somewhere
[14:58] <yoinkster> i used to go to the green man
[14:58] <yoinkster> that place is amazing
[14:58] <yoinkster> lots of room
[[14:58] <yoinkster> if we could get everyone to take the long walk then id stay there all night
[14:59] <platinumspoon> The Green Man
114, Tachbrook St, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV31 2BQ
Tel: 01926 316298
NakedDaro

Post by NakedDaro »

ok, ok, how about a pre-pre social tomorrow (Sat 16th) to work out a pub crawl route for the pre-social. I'm up for it, and Echelon said he would, and platinumspoon is a maybe. Anyone else? You know you want to astro (and so does Paddington :P).
NakedDaro

Post by NakedDaro »

ok, Saturday seems bad for a lot of people. It might still happen, but how do people feel about Monday or Tuesday?
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I think that's starting to leave it a bit late as I need to get the hub email sent out. I think the Green Man is a bit too far off the beaten track - we need a nice, central location to meet.

I'm tempted to stick with Kelsey's for now as it can't be as bad as yoinkster says it is :p and we don't have to stay there for long and it's more easy to find and it's not Satchwells. If anyone (except yoink) really really objects, I can change this, but let me know ASAP!

Marc
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
NakedDaro

Post by NakedDaro »

Pub crawl map is here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msa=0& ... &z=14&om=1

Will be testing this on Tuesday. All of you coming, how about meeting at Cask And Bottle at about 1500? My old mobile can be a hotline for this, pm me for the number. Any suggested changes to the route would be good :).
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

I should probably be able to show... but 1500?? hmm that throws my plans a bit out the window... also Platinumspoon won't be done till 20 or 21.. and I might go dancing with her... not sure yet as I've got a few other things on for that day.. Still up for the pre-pre social tho. hmm I've also gotta get up and fly with housemate on the weds probably tho... hmm this is gonna be a busy week :S
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

OK. I'll spam everyone today regardless, but will decide on a location on Wednesday.

Cocodude
NakedDaro

Post by NakedDaro »

Rough route for pre-social:
1) Cask and Bottle *nice beer garden and next to a chippy for those wanting food)
2) 'that pub above the Cask and Bottle' havent actually been in, so, optional one
3) Bar 44 - was rather busy when we went in, so will have to look to see about space
4) Murphys - havent been in there, so optional depending on peoples opinions
5) Spoons - because its there :P
6) Avenue - nice pub, quite quiet. (i thought the ale was shite though :P)
7) 'That pub behind the Church' - had a nano-social there once, was nice
8) Royal Exchange - was cheap and quite large

May cut it short depending on time and skip pubs, but, you get the general idea. May post a map tomorrow if/when i get bored. Comments, suggestions?
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Deffo The Cask and Bottle and Bar 44 as they were my old locals ;)

I think that I might have been to 'that pub behind the church' randomly on an excursion with Blood_God... suppose it depends largely on whether we mean the *same* pub behind the church ;)

[Oh and MOAR BLUE LAGOON!] :P
NakedDaro

Post by NakedDaro »

well BigG, i owe you a pitcher of blue lagoon for the network cards. cough. *whilstles nonchalantly
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Excellent work on the pub crawl information gathering front. Look forward to joining you lot! I should be arriving in Leam just before 8pm, but will need to chuck stuff off at Kat's before my drinking commences, so I'll see you at the Cask and Bottle a little after 8pm.

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes indeed a very good job.. sorry that I didn't make it out for the pre-pre-social after all.. I was really beat after a nite out on monday and then I had to get up for flying on weds morning so wasn't particularly up for a long trip to leam. I'll see all of u at the pre-social tho :)