Twofo Summer Camp 2007!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

SpookyKid: We already have enough tents for everyone so no need to pitch yours on the Friday, but don't worry, we'll leave space! :)

As for the 2nd walk - I'm not sure, I think it would be a good idea to make it similar to the hardest walk to give those of you who want to do the pike an idea of what it's going to be like. But obviously, we've not decided on it yet so if anyone has any other ideas then let me know!

Kat
whyiseverynicktaken

Post by whyiseverynicktaken »

Whyis speaking as Spooky: That's fine. I don't have to do the medium walk. I can amble around Ambleside or something :)
whyiseverynicktaken

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Just realised that the blackberries will be ready by the time we go camping this time so we can pick LOADS more than last year! Yay! Free food! I am SO SO looking forward to our trip! I really need a break from work!
mich

Post by mich »

Hello, sorry everlybody but due to me deciding to stay in leam and having to actually pay my own rent, i wont be able to go camping as i wil have to work so i can actually pay it.
mich
:(
whyiseverynicktaken

Hi guys! Seeing as two people have dropped out and we now have more car space than before, Would it be at all possible for my sis to join us on the camping trip? It just struck me that we will already be four people in BigG's car. Can we fit another in? :? She's SUPER tiny. The research job that she was trying to get (and the reason she dropped out of the trip in the first place) fell through so I wanna try to get her to come. Please let me know!
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

The problem is, is that it's another person's 'stuff' as well - that's what is causing the space limitation.

As it stands, I still have 4 people and all their stuff in my car and I'm pretty sure that the boot is not big enough to fit it all in so some of it will have to occupy the middle seat in the back :\

If I can get a definite volume of stuff that I have to take up I will be able to give you a definite answer [pics of everything that you are going to take next to you might be an idea] :)

Are you and ZeeClone taking anything with you on the day [excluding your tent, which I already have] or did you give it all to Kat?

Another alternative is if your sister could get up to Darlington on the Friday though that isn't really very practical :\
whyiseverynicktaken

Peter, Wafaa and I will have 2 65L rucksacks between the three of us and possibly one very small backpack(about 20L) that we can have on our lap. If Wafaa comes earlier to the UK from Dublin she will leave her little bag at my place and we'll just have the two 65L rucksacks which is what we'd have for the two of us anyway. Also SpookyKid and us are sharing a lot of stuff (ie cooking stuff, plates cups etc) and I am bringing his inflatable mattress as part of our rucksacks and he will only have a smallish rucksack that he can carry containing a sleeping bag and some clothes. Kat has our tent and Spooky's tent. It does then however depend on how much extra stuff you need to bring (Water storer thingy, cooler etc).
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

I have your tent [as we thought that Kat was going to be the one short of space!] Though that isn't especially large and isn't breakable.

Kat has nearly all of our camping stuff so I'll only be really bringing a little bit apart from clothes/sleeping bag etc.

If you are only bringing the two, then I see no reason why it should not all fit in [it will be somewhat of a squash!] though, of course, you will only be able to take back with you what you bring [i.e. the stuff that Kat has will have to be picked up another day]

As such, I can provisionally see no problem with this - as long as your sister is happy with the itinerary and has the right kit like boots and stuff.

If anyone *does* have any objections, say now or forever hold your peace... etc etc...
whyiseverynicktaken

hello! I've spoken to Wafaa and she said that she'd love to come but she has so much work to do that she can't afford to take any more than a week off and as my parents are coming, she's going to do it when they come around the 30th. :( So sorry for the extra work I gave you! Hugs!
whyiseverynicktaken

HI guys! Got some bad news. It looks like the weather is going to be as bad this year as it was last year. :( SO please please please come prepared! Make sure you bring thin trousers that will dry quickly and have a spare set of clothing as your 'dry' clothes so even if you come back to camp soaked you won't have to stay in damp icky clothes. Dunno if this has been said before......just thought it was worth mentioning again. Here's the link for the forecast: http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp There is going to be some rain every single day. Doesn't mean we won't have a great time tho! :wink:
ZeeC

Post by ZeeC »

http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=la22

Otherwise it'll throw a hissy fit
Then click on next 8-14 days
The other penguins made me do it
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Hello from Merano, Italy!

I'm using a really shitty computer, on a terrible interwibble connection - very dial-up like! Typing on this german keyboard is nothing like what I'm used to - dammit I can't touch type anymore :(

Sounds like you're all very well prepared - well done!! :D

As for the forecast - We will have to adjust the itinerary accordingly! If the mist is too bad, there's no way we can go up the Pike - we will have to do it when/if the weather is good! There's not alot we can do about it really but we can still have a good time!

Please please please print off the kitlist and make sure you have everything on it, I don't want to see anyone suffering because they're too cold/wet!! If you have extra tarps then please bring them - I've not had time to sort out a decent weather-proof gazebo, but I'll grab a cheap one before we go and we can put a tarp over it!

monk: If you'd like to stay at my place in Darlington on Thursday night you're very welcome!

I'll be back in the UK late tonight so I'll be online tomorrow to sort out any last minuite arrangements!

See you all at camping!
Kat
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

PS. I can't wait for the rain!! :D

It's been waaaaaaay too hot here - 46C!!!!! I hope it's loverly and cold at home! :P
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

No! keep the rain away. damp spooky doing a striptease was bad enough last time. I have no intention of doing that again. :P
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

SpookyKid wrote:No! keep the rain away. damp spooky doing a striptease was bad enough last time. I have no intention of doing that again. :P
You won't be a damp Spooky as you have a nice new tent! :)

[Still on for the striptease though! :P]