Twofo Summer Camp 2007!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

P.S I resent being called a southern pansy. Mad
Well you're coming up from the South aren't you, would you rather be a Northern Monkey :P

Can't wait to see what Cocodude thinks of his Northern Monkey status :lol:
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Smelly_Kat wrote:Can't wait to see what Cocodude thinks of his Northern Monkey status :lol:
We are not amused.

Cocodude
http://www.gigatux.com - Value Linux Virtual/Shared Hosting
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

cocodude wrote:
Smelly_Kat wrote:Can't wait to see what Cocodude thinks of his Northern Monkey status :lol:
We are not amused.

Cocodude
we?? since when did Cocodude become a royal? I knew he was the Twofo god, but also blue blood?? wow
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Hehe Echelon.

Just letting you know that I've booked holiday until Wednesday 25th July so I'm definitely coming along for at least half of it :D Depending on how other commitments go, I might book the rest of the week.

Cocodude
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

cocodude wrote:Hehe Echelon.

Just letting you know one has booked holiday until Wednesday 25th July so one will definitely coming along for at least half of it :D Depending on how other commitments go, one may book the rest of the week.

Cocodude
</snigger>

Cool :D
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

cocodude wrote:Hehe Echelon.

Just letting you know that I've booked holiday until Wednesday 25th July so I'm definitely coming along for at least half of it :D Depending on how other commitments go, I might book the rest of the week.

Cocodude
I have made a note of it your majesty :P
whyiseverynicktaken

Gear

Post by whyiseverynicktaken »

Heyas! Update on the ZeeClone +Whyis camping gear. We have managed to track down everything we need for the trip now! Got a pair of walking boots, camping mats, mess tins, plates, cutlery and camping stove from Zee's parents, a waterproof jacket thing for Zee from the Mind Shop, a regatta mac for me from Scope (Don't you just love charity shops? both cost me just £8.45) and a rucksac from eBay. hehe! This is camping on a shoe string!

We already had a tent and sleeping bags. So I think we're now sorted. Yay!
whyiseverynicktaken

More gear

Ooh Ooh! Got a new tent today! we still have NO clue what it looks like but it's a coleman 4 man igloo tent. Why buy a new tent when we have a perceftly servicable old one you ask? Well.......We got a coleman tent, coleman camping stove, gas, kettle, picnic set, one single and one double inflatable mattresses with foot pump, all for a whopping £10! And yesterday we finally managed to track down a second rucksack. Its a Karrimor 65L one and guess how much that was? £15! Found this BRILLIANT website called www.trade-it.co.uk . Got all of it from there and cos its mainly based in Bristol, Peter can just cycle to pick it up and we have no P+P to pay! Yay for google! An it gets better, Peter got time off work so he will be joining us for the full week! Woohoo! I'm so excited!
whyiseverynicktaken

Oh yes forgot to say, seeing as we now have an inflatable mattress for our tent, if someone wants to borrow either the sleeping mats (we have two, one long one short) or the other inflatable mattress (the single) you are more than welcome to. Toodles!
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

As we're going to camping for quite a while (up to 9 days by my calculation - Saturday to next Sunday), is it perhaps worth trying out two different campsites around the Lakes? Could be good to visit different areas, perhaps moving on Wednesday.

Cocodude
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Cocodude: Maybe, but as all the campsites work on a 'first come, first served' basis I suggest we decide there and then if we'd like to move. If we do decide to move, it'll be alot of effort though :\ Although having said that, there are some nice campsites around Wasdale :D

Note: I'm still trying to sort out transport arrangements, I will post a more detailed plan when everything is confirmed.

ALL CAMPERS READ THIS!!

Group 1: (The Advance Party) - Going on Friday 20th July
Me
NakedDaro
Zed0 - Meeting at Penrith Railway Station around lunchtime
itsmonktastic?? - NakedDaro has offered you can stay at his place on the Thursday night so you can both travel to Darlington together early on Friday morning.

NakedDaro, itsmonktastic [maybe] and myself will leave Darlington at around 09.30 on Friday 20th July and travel to Penrith where we will pick up Zed0. We will then continue on to the campsite and setup camp.

As for sleeping arrangements that night - Zed0: If you could pitch both your tents that night, we should have enough tents between us.

Group 2: (BigG's group) - Going on Saturday 21st July
BigG
whyiseverynicktaken
ZeeClone
SpookyKid
itsmonktastic [maybe]

SpookyKid and whyiseverynicktaken will arrive on Friday 21st at BigG's place in Leicester and stay the night. On Saturday 21st July BigG, SpookyKid and whyiseverynicktaken will leave Leicester at about 0700 and travel to Birmingham to pick ZeeClone up at 0800, then travel to the campsite.

Cocodude - being picked up from Penrith Station sometime on Saturday 21st July by myself or BigG

mich - has decided to make his own way there! Mich - I suggest you aim for Penrith Station on the Saturday and myself or BigG will come and pick you up [I will be very busy on the Friday setting up camp so I'd prefer you came on the Saturday].

itsmonktastic - If you don't mind travelling to NakedDaro's place on Thursday 19th July I suggest you come with my group on the Friday - there will be much more car space and it will break up your travelling. If you want to go with BigG's group you'll have to talk to BigG about perhaps staying at his place on the Friday night - I'm not sure he'll have space though.

Right, I think that's everything! Please post if there are any problems but be aware we are trying very hard to accommodate everyone so please bear with us!

Kat
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

I'd agree that the 2 day trip is best. I can arrive in dewsbury on the 19th pretty easily, and I won't be dead by the time I get to the camping. :D

So yes. That's what I'll do.
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

I should warn you that it'll take about 3 hours to the campsite from Darlington. There's not much distance to go, but the roads are very wiggly! Then we have 3 tents [assuming we pitch both Zed0's tents that night] plus gazebo and other miscellaneous crap to sort out when we get there. So you will be dead by the end of it :P

I suggest we take a cool box full of beer! I'm making a huge chilli for the Friday night so we don't have to go anywhere - we can just collapse and slob for the night! :D
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

There's no way I can bring up beer from London with everything else I'll be carrying, so make sure you have a huge stash ready for consumption!

(will of course repay)

Cocodude
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Will do Cocodude!

Although I expect BigG will bring a huuuuuuge stash of beer too so we can happily get smashed when you all arrive. :P