Twofo Summer Social!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

19 - 20th of August is good for me! Me + G will look into campsites this weekend, I was thinking somewhere near keswick would be good - maybe Derwent Water or Borrowdale - are ppl ok with this??

Kat
Last edited by Smelly_Kat on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I don't really mind where, I'll leave that decision to you :-)

Found any decent places? It'd be good to put up a posting on the main page as soon as possible.

Cocodude
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Well after much looking round for campsites in the lakes we can't find anywhere that'll have groups so if anyone happens to find anywhere that'll have a group of students post here asap!

Had another idea though....there's a great campsite in northumberland that I stayed at once with a group of friends - they let us have a group booking and we warned them we'd be loud so they stuck us in a corner away from everyone else! Its about a mile away from Bamburgh - not too far to walk I hope, and theres a beach there too. I know we were planning on going to the Lakes but if we can't find anywhere there how bout we have this as a backup plan???

Please post ideas asap, we really need to get this sorted out!

http://www.glororum-caravanpark.co.uk/ <--- thats the website for the campsite in northumberland - be warned it doesn't work too well and you'll need to have JRE installed.
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Ok - why hasn't anyone replied!!! You all deserve a spanking!!! Naughty ppl!!

I'm guessing none of you liked the above idea then? Can ppl who actually have some time please look into other campsites and stick details on here - I'm trying to but don't get much time as I'm at work all day :(

I think I'll do some hunting around and see if theres anywhere round borrowdale that'll have us lot! We really need to get this sorted asap otherwise it isn't gonna happen and I'll have to spank everyone even more! :P

Kat
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Sorry I haven't replied earlier! To be quite honest, I don't think it really matters where it is, as long as it's in a reasonably nice place. That Gloroum place does look really nice and I'm definitely up for that.

Are there definitely spaces available for 19th-20th August? If so, I'll do a front page posting and probably a mailing list spam asking if they would like to come.

Others reply now!

Cocodude
P.S. That website really does suck!
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

/me notes a distinct lack of activity on this thread...
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Just need confirmation from Kat that there are spaces and I'll do lots and lots of spamming :-)

Cocodude
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Ok, I've e-mailed them asking for a provisional booking, I'll give them a call too as they don't seem to be overly computer literate.

What I need to know is how many people are coming - I count 6...

me, Cocodude, BigG, Blood_God, SpookyKid and yoinkster

astro: you said you and Shadow couldn't come - if this isn't the case then let me know asap - it really sucks that you 2 can't come :(

Also I need to tell them how many tents we're bringing - I know Blood_God will need one to himself and me + G will share so that leaves Cocodude, SpookyKid + yoinkster. I've told them 4 tents for now but I'm sure we can change that later.

Kat
Blood God

Post by Blood God »

I thought I was a maybe, really not sure if I can at the moment, but if I can I've got my own tent (currently living under my desk for sake of a better place to keep it)

will try and find out if i'll be able to make it asap though!
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Ok, bad news - they're fully booked :( :(

So we need a later date or somewhere that'll have us at short notice - I'm gonna spam various campsites in the lakes with e-mails and see what they say - there's only 6 of us so we don't really count as a group.

Kat
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

After lots of phone calls and e-mail spamming - this is what I've found out...

We can camp here if we turn up at the campsite in person on 5pm friday night - they fill up really quickly so we don't stand much chance of getting there in time :(

I have however found another campsite (Hawkshead Hall Farm) we could go to that will have us - and its *really* cheap!! £2 per tent per night, £1 per car per night! Only trouble is they don't have showers so we'll have to smell for a weekend.

Another site I know very well is Wasdale Head campsite, but they work on a first come first served basis so we'll have to get there asap on the friday night. Howver, it is in a remote part of the lakes so might not fill very quickly so I think we should try here. Oh and its really close to a pub! I've been trying to phone them but not having much luck - I'll post when I know for sure if its safe for us just to turn up there.

Most of the other campsites I've looked at don't take bookings - so if we wanna go to the lakes then I suggest we pick a remote place such as Wasdale Head and just turn up there in the hope they have places. We can always go to Hawkshead Hall Farm - they said we can book if we like or just turn up and they will have places.

Ideas please...

Kat

PS. I should really go and do some work now - this is all I've done all morning lol!
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

It's good that 6 doesn't really count as a group - plus most of them say 'no single-sex groups of more than 6' so unless we're counting Kat as a bloke then... ;)

Is 1700 the opening time for the pitches or the advisible time to arrive?

It's only a weekend - clearly you don't need to shower for that long - have you never been to a festival before?! :P

All of those seem OK - I suppose it's mostly down to numbers now

PS. lol 2hr lunchbreaks lol
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

Just tell me where to be and when and how much money to bring, I'll be there, and I might even be able to bring cheap booze, as my dad has a day trip to frnace planned some time around the 19th of august.
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

BigG: Oi! Spank!!

1700 is the time they advised us to arrive by - the ppl at Langdale seemed to think they'll be full up by then so I guess we should ignore that one.

Here's what I think we should do - I'm guessing I'll get over there long before everyone else so I'll go to Wasdale Head and see if they can fit us in. If they don't have spaces for us then we can go to Hawkshead Hall Farm campsite instead. I know most of you have a long way to travell so I'll try and get everything sorted out before you all arrive.

Tbh I think we'll get pitches at Wasdale no problem since not many ppl know the campsite is there - it is a bit difficult to find so if ppl want directions let me know.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

I pwn so won't need directions :P

Yeah, I was going to suggest that you went there earlier as you can just nip over the Pennines - I *was* going to suggest you took all the tents... but then realized that you would have to *have* all the tents to take :P

I think that we should have a decision of preference for which camp site to try first [or if people really aren't bothered then just go with whatever Kat thinks is best at the time... - put up a poll on the thread?]