Twofo Summer Social!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

I've stayed at Wasdale Head campsites loads of times and trust me it pwns!!! :P It's really close to the Wasdale Head Inn too - so won't have too far to walk when we go drinking :D.

I have contacts that live in Seascale who can do some enquiring for us too and hopefully sort us out with somewhere if it all goes wrong!

Kat
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Oh bollocks - just got an e-mail for Wasdale Head Campsite....
Thankyou for your enquiry to wasdale campsite. We do not operate a
booking system and we do not take groups at this time of the year.
Single sex groups of four persons only.
Shall I book Hawkshead Hall Farm campsite (the one with no showers) then?

Kat
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Might as well do - plus that's the dirt cheap one, isn't it :)
whyiseverynicktaken

Trip

Post by whyiseverynicktaken »

Hellos! Im gonna be a lazy cow and say i cant be bothered to read 4 pages of camping trup related posts so can someone please summarise it all for me! :D I have my dissertation due in 31st of August so the very latest i can get away is the weekend of the 18th (so until 20th). If its not then it would have to be after 31st for me to be able to come. Also i think ZeeClone will come too. I just need to give him the right incentives! teehee! Anyhoo.....have to go to sleep now cos i've been up for like 21 hours now and im jet lagged and dead. Toodles!
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

whyiseverynicktaken: we're going on the weekend 19/20th of August and as for campsites - well we don't know. All the campsites I've looked at in the lakes work on a first come first served basis - so this is my plan...

On the friday before I leave I'm gonna call various sites and ask them if they have space for us all - I will need to know exactly how many ppl and tents we're going to have so we need to sort this out asap!!! Then I'll drive over (I'll get there long before everyone else as I don't have far to go) and get us in at a campsite. We're thinking of the Hawkshead Hall Farm campsite - they will almost certainly have space for us but they don't have showers. I'll send texts round to let everyone know whats happening and where to go etc etc.

Anyway, we need to sort out tents...who has tents and whos sharing with who?

Kat

Post by Guest »

I dont have a tent or sleeping bags but someone said they had loads so i was hoping I could borrow one! :D I dont know if ZeeClone or his parents have tents but i'll ask him when i see him later today and post a reply as soon as i can.
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

I *might* be able to lend you a sleeping bag - if I can find my spare but I don't have nay spare tents unless you count my 30yr old Force Ten!
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

If that's the case, I'll leave off saying whether or not I can come until I've had a proper chance to chat to Shadow and decide where I'm going to be that week :P
If I do come I will be able to bring my own sleeping bag/tent etc, but I stress is only a *maybe*
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Oooh yay! Tell Shadow you 2 have got to come!! :P
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Shadow definatly can't come as she leaves for Germany on the Sunday, so it's a question of how long I'm at her's the week before
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Ok, I need to get tents and stuff sorted - so I'm guessing this is what we have so far...

whyis + ZeeClone - 1 tent
astro + Shadow - 1 tent - maybe
me + G - 1 tent
Blood_God - 1 tent - maybe

that leaves Cocodude + SpookyKid (yoinkster's said he can't come) - do you 2 have tents and are you ok sharing?

I need to know for definate whos coming and how mnay tents total - sorry to nag but I'm trying to find ways to book a campsite if I can

Kat
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

what's the nearest train station kat? I'll most likely bemaking my way there via rail. the booze cruise to france is on the 17th. orders anyone? I have a tent, but it's only a single skin, i.e. will not stand up to heavy rain
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I have a sleeping bag but no tent. I'm happy with wherever we stay and trust Kat to make a good decision! I'm happy sharing with whoever.

I'll post a front page thingie very soon.

Cocodude
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Right. A provisional plan!

Really we need to arrive at the campsite by 1700, this means that some of us will have to start off rather early.

Firstly, everyone needs to confirm that they are going!

SpookyKid --> Northants station to be picked up at 1100 by Cocodude
BigG --> Leicester [duh] to be picked up by Cocodude ~1200 probs
whyis+ZeeC --> Leicester to be picked up by Cocodude along with me [pm me for what is what :)]
----------------------------------------------------> Darlington [it's a long way!!]

Other people [Blood_God etc...] --> Confirm that you can/can't/want to go --> ??? --> Profit!

Meet up with Kat ~1500 at Darlington, maybe some people swap cars so we are less like sardines, then set off on the final bit and hopefully arriving at ~1700.

We intend to try Langdale campsite first, and hopefully they will have spaces/not care too much about us being there in a group

Any problems/questions/rants/bleh pm me on either here or twofo
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

PS If anyone else wants to come it's not too late so say so now! If you have a tent and can get yourself to Great Langdale campsite by 1700 or to Darlington by 1500 then let us know.