Twofo Summer Social!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

Smelly_Kat

Twofo Summer Social!

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Anyone up for a twofo camping trip over summer?

We were thinking of organising a trip to the Lake District for a weekend over summer - if anyones intrested please post dates when you're free and if you have a tent you can bring.

Kat
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Without a doubt I'm up for this! It sounds really fun :-) I should also be able to provide lifts from Milton Keynes should anyone else be nearby.

I'm not free on 15th July, nor 26th-28th August. Any other time is fine for me. Weekends are preferred but not absolutely essential.

Yay!

Cocodude
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

I'm up for that too.
My house may be useful as a staging area for those on the left hand side of the country ;)
I have no idea when I'm free this summer yet though
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Yep - my house (in darlington) could be used as a stop off point too - I can give lifts from there too :)

Not sure about dates yet - but I there was a suggestion to make it coincide with twofo's 2nd birthday, that would be really cool if ppl are free then! :)

Also - how many of you have tents?

Kat
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I don't have a tent unfortunately. I think I've got a friend who has one though so I'll ask.

Cocodude
yoinkster

Post by yoinkster »

ive got a couple of two man tents, a few forest chairs and two hammocks :D
im free from this saturday until my death at this point so any time is good atm !!
i think i could well be up for this but someone {female and attractive} will have to share a tent with me :razz:
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Lol

Um, well I'd be up for it if I can squeeze it into my schedule of jetting off to France for a month and Germany for 2 weeks :s

In that case, I think I'd only go if it was in England, 'cos of money...but yeah, just let me know what's going on with it!

Shadow
xx
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

yoinkster wrote:i think i could well be up for this but someone {female and attractive} will have to share a tent with me :razz:
As I'm sure you must be well aware by now, I am abusing my uberop privileges and laying claim to all female, attractive twofo chicks (of which from what I've seen, all are!). You can be second in line for any left over :P

Back on topic, I'll post a front page thingie mentioning that people should add messages to this thread regarding whether they're interested in a summer social. I might even spam the mailing list soon.

Cocodude
SpookyKid

Post by SpookyKid »

I'm definitely interested in going, although currently I don't have a tent
'The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame'
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Oh yeah...I have at least one tent (probably disgusting atm - it was last used at the Reading Festival 2004, when everywhere was flooded :s)
~Where there is much light, the shadow is deep~ Goethe
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

I have various tents too, but I'd have to go rooting round for them :P
Blood God

Post by Blood God »

I'd be interested, although it'd be cash situation dependant.

Am currently free from now until whenever I go back to uni, and have a 2-man tent... although I generally need all of that myself due to being so tall and having to sleep diagonally across the bloody thing.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Wooo the advantages that you get for being average :P
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Right. I recommend someone do some more reseach on this, i.e. make up a date, get some prices and a location. I found that few people respond until there's something set in stone.

I'm up for the Lake District and as said before, should be able to provide lifts from Milton Keynes if people want help from the South. I can do pretty much any time during the summer (except for dates listed above), prefer weekends and am OK with the price as long as it's not silly.

Cocodude
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Well considering that a fair few of us are students, all of whom have been anally violated financially by Bliar wrt the whole general 'being a student' thing, I don't see it being uber-extravagant :P