Twofo Social!!

Any other social life talk.

Moderator: Operators

cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Vapour

Post by cocodude »

Would anyone also be up for going to Vapour on this day - the dance music event at the union?

http://www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk/portal/ ... nt_id=1499

Cocodude
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

hmm..not into dance music but I could be up for it....yeah why not!

Can I suggest we don't meet up in the union (maybe rootes bar or somewhere) it'd be a pain in the ass trying to find each other amongst the huge crowd in the union.

This is of course assuming we don't wanna make a weekend of it...we could do something on the friday night too.
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I agree, meeting in the union could be very difficult. I'd definitely be up for a whole weekend thing (the train ticket costs the same regardless ;-) ), but would others?

Perhaps we should have a main twofo social sometime during the afternoon of the Saturday where people can continue to the event in the evening. Also, there can be a pre-social on the Friday for those hardcore enough?

Cocodude
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

A pre social on the friday then saturday afternoon followed by sat night would be cool....more drinking time....hmmm...constant drinking for 24 hours would be fun! I can see myself being drunk for the whole weekend...be warned!!
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Hehe Smelly_Kat :-)

So, let's try and formalise plans so I can post it somewhere prominant on the twofo main page. What we need to sort out:

- Time and date of main twofo social
- Where we'll meet
- How we'll be recognisable
- What we'll do

Any suggestions or answers, and further questions to add?

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

As I told astropoint + smellykat earlier I will gladly join a social. Should be nice to put faces to the many nicks!! yet some of u I have already "dug up" some pictures on.. (surprising wat u can find online isnt it :D )

The specified weekend (yes the whole weekend!!) sounds great.. I just had a 15 hrs drinking day in Nottingham yesterday with the Real Ale Society!! Great stuff!!

Rootes bar definetly sounds like a better place to meet, but still might wanna specify somewhere in Roots bar (it too can get packed sometimes!)..
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Rar! Weekend pissup! :P
/me arrives back from teh LAN and is rather sleep deprived...
/me notes that this is his reason for absence on twofo - apologies all
lad

count me in! hopefully!!

Post by lad »

hey y'all, i should be able 2 make it too, so will be gud 2 see y'all there!

Lad
(aka -=LAD=- or -=Mobile-LAD=-)
Want u'r phone unlocked or fixed, just lemme know (hehe couldn't help advertising!)
Zeus

Social (duh)

Post by Zeus »

It seems agreed we have a social on saturday, with pre-socials to aid Kat's alcoholism.

Like all Socials - 7pm start? the issue is where would a conveniant meeting place? It seems that at 7pm not a single person would be near the twisty art 5m from the bus stop. Any other suggestions? I thought this was the most obvious way possible...
Satan Commands Me
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I find when trying to gather up quite a few people, it's best to start the social earlier, i.e. when it's less busy and when you can actually talk to each other without shouting. I was thinking that starting sometime late afternoon would be good, e.g. 4pm.

Opinions? Suggestions?

I'd like to get the details sorted ASAP so I can add it to the front page of twofo and add it to Dogtanian on the hub itself.

Cocodude
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

Hey sounds cool, me and a few friends may turn up or maybe just me depends :)
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

CruzerMX: The more people, the better :-)

OK - how about this for initial arrangements:

- Date: Saturday 5th November
- Time: 4pm (you can leave whenever, but I'm sure some of us will do something for the whole evening)
- How you'll know it's us: I'll have a twofo sign on the table and there'll be lots of beer

Cocodude
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

4pm in Airport then? Better than waiting outside as they have alcomohol in there :P
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

What about the pre-social??? will that be organised closer to the date??
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

I guess so - I just thought it'd be best to get the main social details sorted so I can post it up somewhere. Is everyone OK with the preliminary details I gave a few posts ago?

Cocodude