Resnet playing up again

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

lovsn

Resnet playing up again

Post by lovsn »

Anyone else noticing the resnet being very strange over the last 15 mins or so? I seem to be getting constantly signed out of messenger and some websites don't load, then do on the second attempt.
it's behaving exactly like it was on Wednesday evening at about 10pm before the whole thing imploded....

countdown to death of resent in 5..4..3..2.........
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

LAST 15mins??!?! more like last 2 days its been shocking an average connection duration of 2mins LMFAO stupid network admins
lovsn

Post by lovsn »

fair enough then, I was just struck by the similarity of what i experienced to what happened on Wednesday

seems like the vote on tuesday can't happen soon enough...
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

well said my friend .... well said
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

yes very true.. funny coinsidence that Resnet is sooooo crap right b4 the vote eh??? only makes it easier to rally ppl on campus!!
lovsn

Post by lovsn »

I wouldn't worry too much about rallying people on campus. There is going to be loads of people coming for the other 2 motions I can imagine (especially the sponsorship one) and my guess is that everyone there will be on your side. So long as you can convince People and Planet that lobbying ITS for compensation in no way infringes on the rights of the great crested newt population of campus (and I'd imagine even the newts are fed up with the net) then you might even get them on your side! So far I haven't spoken to a single person going to the meeting who is against it.

Whilst I'm at it, I'd encourage everyone going who's concerned about the resnet to have a brief look over the other 2 motions, as it's always good to hear from people at these things who haven't come specifically because they're on one side of the fence or the other. You get a much better balanced opinion that way
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

yeah i've found some ppl to come and vote...hope everyone else does otherwise it justifies poor quality and thats just wrong :(
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

lovsn do u have a link to the other 2 motions.. I'll be coming along to the meeting.. might as well take a look at the motions b4.. I expect they're probably somewhere on the union site.. but if u have a direct link it will be easier :D
lovsn

Post by lovsn »

yep

http://www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk/portal/ ... cle_id=529

and click on the relevant links
God

Post by God »

lovsn wrote:yep

:)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

lovsn wrote:yep

thx.. I've taken a look at them.. I'll have an opinion and decision by tuesday.. is nicer to kno b4 I go :P
Saberwing

Post by Saberwing »

Yeah, it was acting 'normal' (which is still poor, but at least it didn't boot me from MSN and AIM every 30 seconds.

ResNet is really...really, starting to aggravate me.
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Here we go again...getting kicked off everything constantly. 4th night in a row!
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

same gettin used to abysmal service now :(
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

just thought I'd let u kno that my msn is still running nicely.. I havent gotten logged off other than when I've dropped my computer into standby :P

but the comp soc server seems to have died :(

I'm wondering whether this has somethin to do we all the ResNet trouble.. it might be spreading :shock: