Resnet Down...!

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

Scooby

Resnet Down...!

Post by Scooby »

Dunno if this has been in any of the other threads but Resnet wasn't working for me (and everyone else I spoke to today from other residences) from early last night (1am) until around about 30mins ago (16:00)... It was literally cut off across campus!

Anyone have any reasons for it?! I don't fancy this happening more frequently!
ollywestwood

Post by ollywestwood »

r was down at westwood
i spoke to a few ppl who got theirs working, by using a static ip address and a different dns server.or something like that.
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes if u read in other topics its the piazza DNS server thats died.. so if u enter another DNS server manually then u should be able to get access.. btw has someone contacted ITS and told them that their DNS server died?? cus they may not kno yet!! unless they put actually engineers on the job the random noobie techie type receptionist staff are never gonna figure it out
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

ITS have said on their website that there was a major fault in the network so everybody had to be disconnected
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

astropoint wrote:ITS have said on their website that there was a major fault in the network so everybody had to be disconnected
ROFL

either they dont kno or they're misleading their customers.. someone call them and tell them wats wrong.. the poor ppl must be shitting themselves if they cant figure out wats wrong..
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

It's all working again now...! Yeh I noticed the posts about the DNS server after I wrote this one :roll:

You're right there echelon... I doubt that they would have picked up on a "major fault" at 1am in the morning when it all stopped working... I don't think anyone would have been there to disconnect everyone! I mean, they probably all leave work early because they obviously don't spend their days working on their networks!
ollywestwood

Post by ollywestwood »

the question is how are they gonna manage to blame this on DC++ like they do with all their other problems.
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

something along the lines off "OMGZ YOU KILLED R SERVER WITH P2P :O"

:lol:

anyway it was really annoying having no internet - i couldnt check emails or anything :(
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

it was p2p there is nothing else that could cause it (apart from the rats in our basement chewing through the master cable :wink:)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

shh dont tell em bout our rats.. remember EVERYTHING is blamed on P2P.. official policy!!
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

LMFAO thats prob in their offices on the worst case seneriao board

"IF INTERNET FAILS: BLAME P2P UNTILL WE ACTUALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON, AND IF ITS OUT FAULT BLAME P2P SOME MORE"
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

ROFL probably.

they havent blamed anythin hyet probs bcos they know they suck ballz and we all want their blood :twisted:
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

nahh its their newest tactic.. If we ignore it.. it'll go away :P
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

^^^ LOL classic tactics :P
ITS1"the green light on the routers not on??",
ITS2"just leave it, it will sort itself out"
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

I think that ITS have been watching too much Bugs and think they know what they are talking about :P