Worst ping I've done yet!

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Hehe - soo much free bandwidth around at the moment (if you can get onto the internet at all of course :wink: )
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

hehe I love the way the twofo.co.uk still seems accessible even when all these problems seem to exist.. definelty very ironic that out of all the sites that load best its twofo.co.uk.. unless ITS gave it special permission :P or maybe its simply being cached as so many on-campus users are viewing it :lol:
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Ironic that the interweb is still shit even though there isn't any DNS... clearly not DC that is causing the problems... 26 users here atm and most of them are off campus... Need I say any more?
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

BigG wrote:Ironic that the interweb is still shit even though there isn't any DNS... clearly not DC that is causing the problems... 26 users here atm and most of them are off campus... Need I say any more?
u wanna bet DC (or P2P) will still be blamed.. the ITS engineers kno its not true, but the administrative non-technical ITS leadership will probably still try :x
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

I think it would be worth posting something on the twofo website explaining to people how to put in a DNS manually and the IPs of other DNS servers on-campus. Just in case this happens again...
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Please do that, cause I for one am as thick as two planks on the odd occasion! Today was one of them!
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

lol well it would be a n00bs guide so it would be put simply for twofo members that are not that "techie"
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

lol... I definetly think it should be title the "noob guide" or "A newbie's guide to fixing Resnet" ROFL

or "Resnet for Dummies" :lol:
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

lol "resnet 4 dummies" classic or "resnet in 24hrs"
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

isnt that what ITS read when they took over resnet?!!
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

CruzerMX wrote:isnt that what ITS read when they took over resnet?!!
nahh they were too cheap to buy the full version.. they got the condensed version of "Resnet in 24 hrs" :P
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

lol yer then they tore out half the pages and used it as toilet paper and they wonder y they cant manage the network :twisted:
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

CruzerMX wrote:I think it would be worth posting something on the twofo website explaining to people how to put in a DNS manually and the IPs of other DNS servers on-campus. Just in case this happens again...
If someone does make a n00b's guide to the resnet, I'd be more than happy to put it on the main website. PM me if you do this please :-)

Cocodude
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

a noobs guide to resnet ? what u want it containing? i will make some of it i think it should be split into sections ....
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

I have made a new Topic specifically for the Noobs guide.. I thought it would be good way to compile the info.. That way when someone finishes a section they simply post it.. that way everyone can help edit it