Union Resnet Compensation Policy proposed

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

God

Union Resnet Compensation Policy proposed

Post by God »

As I promised, I've been working on getting a union policy proposed in the pursuit of compensation for all resnet users and better service from warwick accommodation in regards to the internet service provided.

i have finally proposed a policy to achieve this.

Please COME TO THE GENERAL MEETING NEXT WEEK and vote "FOR" the policy. This is the only way short of going to court that they will pay up for their abysmal services.

The more people attending the better. Invite everybody you know to attend to. The university must realise we are serious on this issue. You do NOT need to live on campus to vote.

Please also PM me if you can help campaign to get people to come. Its time to rock the boat.

The policy itself reads as follows:

This Union Notes

1. The standard of ResNet this year has been regularly below the standard students should reasonably expect when they decided to live on campus
2. That a petition was presented to Warwick Accommodation by residents of Jack Martin demanding compensation
3. That the CDCO wrote a memo to Warwick Accommodation asking what they intended to do about compensating students and in their reply Warwick Accommodation apologised for the problems with the ResNet service but did not address the issue of compensation

This Union Believes

1. By failing to provide adequate internet service Warwick Accommodation have not honoured student residential contracts
2. Warwick Accommodation has no intent to compensate or negotiate with residents on this matter
3. That Warwick Accommodation often seem not to value the Welfare of students as much as they should and that this is unacceptable
4. That students’ should be compensated for this poor service

This Union Resolves

1. As a first step, to encourage and facilitate all students who have suffered problems to send a letter demanding a refund for the poor service to:

The University Secretary
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV4 7AL
2. If the University still fails to respond appropriately, encourage and facilitate all students to contact “The Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Educationâ€ÂÂ
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Very good... this should definetly make a difference.

Now its time to rally ppl to join up behind it!!

Everyone should make sure most of the ppl they kno come along!!
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

M8 u know im there :) time to kick up a shit storm !
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

Yes finally we can take some action! I hope ITS will realise that we DO care about shit service, especially since we are paying a lot for it.
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes ITS will probably be supporting this as well.. I mean this should allow them to be clear of the accusations towards them.. ITS have been a scapegoat and it wouldnt surprise me if they took recieved some type of compensation from Warwick Accomodation.. But lets remember we're taking action against Warwick Accomodation, NOT ITS
Last edited by echelon on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsenister

Post by Tsenister »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:M8 u know im there :) time to kick up a shit storm !
/me watches CrAzYfOoL arm himself with projectiles supplied from Zeus
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

yer good point its them thats providing the poor service and offering no refund or explination

EDIT: lol just read that post above 8) Zeus didnt give me them :roll: :lol:
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

projectiles....where.....?/??!11
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

hmm I believe u.. I dont think Zeus would only do projectiles.. not destructive enough :P
God

Post by God »

bump :)
Draknek

Post by Draknek »

When/where is the general meeting?

I can't find any information about it.
God

Post by God »

It will be Next Tuesday at 7pm
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

where abouts will it be ?
God

Post by God »

Ramphal Lecture Theatre.

Crazyfool do you have gfx skillz? :)
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

hell yer i got 1337 skills :P well i know how to use photoshop anyway... what u wanting ?