Twofo At The Moment

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

UnholySmoke

Twofo At The Moment

Post by UnholySmoke »

Well this is odd. Not just unable to connect, I don't even get and messages in the window. Nothing at all. Is this all across campus? Anyone got any alternate methods of getting on?
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

have u tried using a Scoks 5 proxy ?
UnholySmoke

Post by UnholySmoke »

Yeah I have. It's not that it gives me a 'connected' or 'not connected' screen - literally nothing comes up.
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

:? dunno i would try but im laying low for a while :lol:
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Does it say connecting to ...? If not, it could be problem with dc itself, try re-installing
UnholySmoke

Post by UnholySmoke »

Pretty sure that's not it. I've tried a few different versions of DC++, and SOCKS5 connections. Occasionally it tells me 'connected', but no users or messages - in short, it's not actually connected. Fuck. How have they gone about that?
huttdaniel

Post by huttdaniel »

how do i connect using SOCKS5??

in connections settings tick SOCKS5, then wot??

cheers
nakedmartin

Post by nakedmartin »

just noticed on the resnet page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/ ... icies/aup/) that dc++ is on the list of banned p2p programs.
lost&found

Post by lost&found »

Yea, since about 7pm on friday night it has been impossible to connect from campus.

Has anyone else noticed this, or maybe it is just one or 2 of the residences for some reason.

Campus people please respond, it would be very interesting if anyone could still connect
Dec

Post by Dec »

im on campus and can connect using the method subscribed above.

Dec
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

For the ppl that cannot connect how is ur internet connection otherwise?? I mean is HTTP also really slow or does it seem to be a DC related problem only??
Dec

Post by Dec »

echelon wrote:For the ppl that cannot connect how is ur internet connection otherwise?? I mean is HTTP also really slow or does it seem to be a DC related problem only??
It's basicaly DC++ thats been blocked on campus (for a lot of areas if not all) internet is fine (well as ITS standards go anyway)
ollywestwood

Post by ollywestwood »

yep havent been able to connect for a day or so.
and to be honest http speeds arent any better, not noticably anywhere. and as the name suggests im on campus at westwood.ppl in my building cant connect either.
jellybub

Post by jellybub »

echelon wrote:For the ppl that cannot connect how is ur internet connection otherwise?? I mean is HTTP also really slow or does it seem to be a DC related problem only??
I'm in JM4 and I haven't been able to connect to DC++ and since it's been blocked my internet access has been really shoddy and quite slow...reminded me of my old dial-up days when connecting to MSN was a lottery not a certainty *wanders away in a fit of nostalgia*
* It would seem lonely if you were the only star in the night *
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

well to be honest it sounds like DC++ hasnt gotten blocked.. rather the speeds are generally low for u.. since DC has the lowest priority it simply seems blocked as all bandwidth is being used to provide u with the "shabby" web access.. so I reckon either that subnet is one of the totally screwed ones that ITS have decided to lower bandwidth for.. or its maybe a more major problem with ITS bandwidth. They may be fixing/testing something, since we wouldnt kno as they're not exactly informative..

So I guess I think hang in there.. It might improve next week.. who knows..