awww i got fined

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

They can't advertize one thing and then say another - I mean, that's PC World style tactics!
Their argument would be thrown out of a small claims court faster than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

yep... so they go no leg 2 stand on
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

in other words!!! DONT PAY THE FINE.. THEY HAVENT GOT A HOLD ON U TILL U PAY IT!!
Chris1479

Fine mitigation

Post by Chris1479 »

Thought having been fined (and refusing to pay) I would share with you all the letter I have sent off :)

I would like to make a complaint in relation to the Internet Connection I am currently paying 20 pounds per month for.

1. I have been fined 35 pounds despite being told that I would NOT be fined.

2. The first 2 weeks at CC3 I was without internet access, amounting to 10 pounds. Neither I nor anyone else in CC3 to my knowledge has been reimbursed the amount they are entitled to.

3. The Agreement User Policy has been altered repeatedly and without notification. The validity of a user agreement where those agreeing to it are not informed of alterations/additions to said agreement is questionable.

4. “Certain peer-to-peer file sharing clients or FTP software may allow you to share larger numbers of files with others on the network. You should ensure you are not breaching any applicable copyright laws by doing this.â€ÂÂ
Chris says:
so what wud ur ideal girl be like sonny?
The love for what you hide, The bitterness inside, Is growing like the new born.... says:
gimme 2 secs to get out of this dungeon
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

thats good puts all the points in SIMPLE form so ITS can read them but ull get a letter back saying well P2P is the problem we made a typo or we are fineing you beacuse we can!
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

at which point we can start a riot :twisted: WOOHOOO!
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

whats wrong with now ill get making some signs (to hit ITS bosses over their heads with ;)) jkin :twisted: mwhahaha
Chris1479

Post by Chris1479 »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:thats good puts all the points in SIMPLE form so ITS can read them but ull get a letter back saying well P2P is the problem we made a typo or we are fineing you beacuse we can!
Nah I've given this letter to the University Registrar to appeal against my fine rather than the muppets who are ITS.

Chris
Chris says:
The love for what you hide, The bitterness inside, Is growing like the new born.... says:
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

maybe you should've done that too pete
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

i know i should have but i couldnt access the internet to find the adress so i just sent ITS a letter to piss em off :P
junior aspirin

Post by junior aspirin »

still formalising my letter, but who is the unvisity registrar and where will i find him/her?
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

here is the reply to my letter thought as much but its being passed on to complaints which is a start :)

Dear CrAzYfOoL

Thank you for your letter of 25th November.

I enclose a copy of the Disciplinary Regulations, as published in the University Calendar (it can be found at http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/info/gov/calendar/ - see section 2, Regulations, item 23). Paragraph 7 describes the Minor Offences Procedure including appeals. As stated in my previous letter, you cannot appeal against the decision as you have admitted your actions, but you can appeal in mitigation of the penalty. If you wish to do so you will need to write to the Registrar. The AUP was revised to preclude peer-to-peer file sharing and agreed by the University Information and Policy Committee in May 2005 for implementation this academic year.

I appreciate your feedback on your experience of using the system and your thoughts on use of software. Both are useful and we will consider the points you raise. The discussion of these matters includes student representatives and one area we are already exploring is whether we can provide an appropriate facility for on-line chat. We are continuing to work on the configuration of the network and on getting a balance so that all users can have a reasonable level of performance, but this will continue to require rules and these inevitably have to be at a general level.

I am recording your letter as a complaint and passing it to our Customer Service Manager, Ruth Faulkner, who will be in touch with you about your concerns. You can also discuss them at ResNet Focus group meetings that are held regularly to understand student concerns and help to improve the service.

Yours sincerely

Rosemary Gilmore
Director of IT Services

cop out ;)
Chris1479

Post by Chris1479 »

junior aspirin wrote:still formalising my letter, but who is the unvisity registrar and where will i find him/her?
Just go up to University House and say you want to use the internal mail system to send this letter to the Registrar.
Chris says:
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

wkd cheers :D ima do that on monday :D reception ye?
Chris1479

Post by Chris1479 »

Yep go for it
Chris says: