Newbie Problem

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

JohnPurple

Newbie Problem

Post by JohnPurple »

I used to be able to connect fine but now I get "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."
I share my download folder and some others, around 20Gb, so I dont see why I would be banned. Any help would be much appreciated.
Rampage

Re: Newbie Problem

Post by Rampage »

I assume you are connecting from campus? If so then please make sure stunnel is running, so that DC++ can conenct to the hub properly.

If you have checked made sure stunnel is running then please give more details of how you are trying to connect to the hub, what address you are using. If you are off campus please give the address you are using to connect.

More information is available on the wiki at http://www.twofo.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Connect
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

That error is almost always caused by stunnel not running at all. You need to rerun it each time you reboot as without it going in the background DC can't connect to the hub. When stunnel is running you should see the icon for it in the system tray (next to the clock; bottom right).
JohnPurple

Post by JohnPurple »

Yep you were right, thank you. I think I just assumed that stunnel would open on startup.

Thanks
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

You can always stick a shortcut to it in the Start Up folder in your program menu and it will do :)