RESNET PERFORMANCE UPDATE

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

Anon101

Post by Anon101 »

my internet speeds are back to the normal ( :? ) 30-50KBps as opposed to the slaughtered 10KBps they were giving me yesterday, hm.
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:PanMaster, really ur just a leech and then complain cos u cant get on twofo and complain some more about the p2p when you have used it to obtain quake so just do us all a favour and STFU plz XD :lol:
hehe well said

about the email, i personally think its scare tactics, and will continue to until they come bust down my door and rip out my hard drives while my pc is still running :shock: :?
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

thanks dude :) and and zeus just said what we were all thinking about him....i agree with the scare tatics its just propoganda (if thats how you spell it!) ;)
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

PanMaster wrote:The LAN bandwidth seems to be a bit on the lowside, I'm sure I can do 1000Mbps but its only running at 100 for some reason.
Are you a complete and utter fucksmudge? The reason why the LAN is running at 100Mbps is because, funnily enough, it's a 100Mbps network. There really is no helping some people...
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

LMFAO!! Fucksmudge thats my new favorite word :lol:
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Fucksmudge is a great word, as is fucktard :P
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

PanMaster wrote:I think anyone that uses P2P over the internet should be fined; I wouldn't want Quake 4 to lag on me so someone can get the latest Lost episode or some similar rubbish.
The LAN bandwidth seems to be a bit on the lowside, I'm sure I can do 1000Mbps but its only running at 100 for some reason.
PanMaster ur the biggest noob I've ever heard.. (so much for u being a PC enthusiast!!).. as Zeus already said u having a Gigabit LAN card (1000Mbps) does not mean u will get that connection.. untop off what Zeus said about other users LAN cards there is another point to take into consideration (as I now see BigG has already mentioned :P) the LAN connection itself.. The cables on campus are mostly 100Mbps so I would be terribly surprised if u ever got 1000Mbps out of them, but hey I'm not sure u'll ever figure this out.. And yes u truly are the God of Retards!! (but u'll probably never figure that out either :lol:)
Squee wrote:Just to check: the sharing of copyrighted material without copyright holder's permission, which is what like 99% of p2p traffic consists of, is illegal isn't it?
I actually think thats a bit too high a procentage.. I kno a lot of movies and music gets downloaded, but there exists hub that transfer only original (home-made) movies, music. Also a lot of transfers of linux distros and other opensource software happen via P2P and probably take up a larger procentage than ppl realize.
Zeus wrote:don't give us your IP for a hub, its by far the dumbest thing u can do. i will have fun removing ur posts should they include your IP for a hub. there are enough hubs at the moment, and ur being quite the hypocritial retard, u think any1 should be fined for p2p, yet ur thinking of running a hub?
Panmaster running a hub!?!? :shock: lol thats the funniest thing I've ever heard :lol: ROFL.. Wait.. u download a copy of YnHub didnt u?? and decided ur great windows PC :roll: could easily run that.. n then u thought wow maybe this will earn me some respect in the twofo/filesharing community!! lol.. ohh u're such a windows LEECH (and a noob!!) I wouldnt step unto a hub run by u to save my life!! :P
Squee

Post by Squee »

echelon wrote:I actually think thats a bit too high a procentage.. I kno a lot of movies and music gets downloaded, but there exists hub that transfer only original (home-made) movies, music. Also a lot of transfers of linux distros and other opensource software happen via P2P and probably take up a larger procentage than ppl realize.
But really, everyone I know who uses DC++ connects only to the twofo.kicks-ass.net:4145 hub and downloads only copyrighted music and films. Surely that's where the vast majority of the traffic comes from. And if people, evening paying people, are going to break the law with the facilities provided by ITS, it's not going to be easy to convince then we've got the moral high-ground, surely?
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

hehe just realized I mis-spelled percentage lol..

yea I agree with you that convincing them we have the moral high-ground, but I'm not trying to convince them of that. My argument is solely service-minded. Customers pay for a product and this product should then be delivered. ITS are deliverying a restricted/faulty service thats the key point here! Also I kno that even twofo and the last few years on-campus hubs have been used to distribute Linux Distro ISOs and other open-source software. Its in ppls share, but its not like ppl label it all in a "LEGAL" folder. Its simply sitting among all the rest of their files in appropriate labelled folders like "Software" or "Operating Systems", etc
CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

haha fucksmudge
Detty

Post by Detty »

Squee wrote:But really, everyone I know who uses DC++ connects only to the twofo.kicks-ass.net:4145 hub and downloads only copyrighted music and films. Surely that's where the vast majority of the traffic comes from. And if people, evening paying people, are going to break the law with the facilities provided by ITS, it's not going to be easy to convince then we've got the moral high-ground, surely?
In most cases, twofo is only acting as an IP lookup, there's only going to be significant external traffic when campus users are connected passively. Most people stick to an active connection. I very much doubt the average person's use of DC++ is contributing to any performance issues, it's more likely that the people who connect passively to external users or persist in trying to use bittorrent or kazaa-like programs who are causing any problems (if p2p is to be blamed at all)
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

To be quite honest, even if people *do* download stuff off off campus people, you really think that that is going to whore over the network... don't talk bollucks all the time ITS... the absolute maximum download speed that anyone can get off me is about 15kbps... *obviously* the reason why the network is shite - BT is what causes network problems, DC is no different from HTTP in its connection type.
yoinkster

Post by yoinkster »

Anon101 wrote:my internet speeds are back to the normal ( :? ) 30-50KBps as opposed to the slaughtered 10KBps they were giving me yesterday, hm.
thats full speed :shock:
no fucking way !!
is panmaster banned from the hub yet ;)
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

yes. u know what, we might aswell make a thread dedicated to him...
Satan Commands Me
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes he can post his random shit and we can all laugh!! lol

I wonder whether he created a hub and is now sitting on it all alone.. and still wondering why he doesnt seem to be able to download of the single user on the hub... ROFL