Minimum share brainwave.

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

This is the best solution that we can come up with atm. Unfortunately there is a problem with the number of users, not the amount share thus, although I agree with your comment, the general synopsis is that the bigger the share, the larger the variety. This is by no means ideal and all other potential solutions are welcome.
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes and as is also mentioned in the other thread. Users already on the hub will not get kicked when the share-limit increases.. so if u're on the hub and the users increase u will not kicked.. simply means new users will be required a higher share to join.

As BigG points out... its really the best solution available at present. The situation will probably increase slightly when cocodude replaces OpenDC with VerliHub, but he still has to test VerliHub out properly. Cocodude will need to play a bit with verlihub to get used to it.. otherwise we may find ourselves in worse situation if the hub gets mal-configured or such.. so with some patience a better solution may be on the horizon.. for now the new share-limit implementation will have to be accepted!!

I'll be back in the UK tomorrow.. My server is also shutdown right now.. So I actually have no actual idea of how the hub is doing efficiency-wise. Hope its not too bad.. (these problems should only arise when the hub is being heavily used by twofo standards ie 200+ ppl)
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Liez! Opendchub is win! Another option would be to increase the time allowed between searches as the hub fills up :)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

BigG wrote:Liez! Opendchub is win! Another option would be to increase the time allowed between searches as the hub fills up :)
EVEN MORE LIES!!! VERLIHUB is far superior!! best hub software around.. the search idea is not too bad.. worth trying!