CONNECTING TO TWOFO FROM CAMPUS

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

CruzerMX

Post by CruzerMX »

g1n_munk3y wrote:
CruzerMX wrote:hahahaaHAHAHAAA

mobile phone? good luck with that one mate, come back to me when you get it to work.
dude, connected my phone to my pc on saturday, used as 3G modem, had great conn to DC, and downloaded more on bittorrent in 3 minutes than i did in 24 hours just using resnet.

unfortunately I only have 4MB data allowance on my phone contract. (tempted to find a second phone with cheap tarrif and big data allowance for torrenting stuff...)
k sorry i take my comments back - i'm a bit behind with mobile phone technology/pricing. mainly because i only use a phone for phoning n txting...

edit: and it was half 2 - sum1 on the hub said flame so i did :roll:
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

cocodude wrote:Agreed. A letter really has to get written. I would have written one myself if I was on campus.
Yes I agree.. If I was living on campus I would definetly also have drafted up a letter and get as many ppl as possible to sign it. If anyone decides to do so I would recommend "short and sweet". Stress that internet connection speed is not acceptable when paying £5 per week. Also I would use the "skype argument" especially stating the situation of the international students. The power of the letter really should be in numbers tho as a majority of on-campus residents need to sign it for ITS to realize they cant simply ignore it.
xyzzy

Post by xyzzy »

I hope everyone on campus is reporting problems (with legitimate uses of the network) to the resnet helpdesk. I think they need to get a large number of reports before they can treat a problem as serious.

Considering they have been increasing the bandwith allocated lately, you might get more if everyone keeps complaining to them, but remember they don't have 12Gbit available to give all 6000 users 2Mbit each.

I would only start letter writing, campaigning etc. if you want to change the AUP - good luck with that. :P