Downloading from Valknut's search

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

xyzzy

Downloading from Valknut's search

Post by xyzzy »

If you're using valknut, and connected to twofo by creating a bookmark and checking the SSL box, you'll find you won't be able to download from the search dialog. It'll say you're not connected to the hub. You'll think "wtf?".

The problem is that valknut has connected to hub.twofo.co.uk:4146, but the DC++ users are connected to localhost:8000. And the hub address is returned as part of a search result. And you can search multiple hubs from the search dialog. So valknut looks at the search result, checks if it's connected to localhost:8000, discovers it isn't, and complains.

Workaround: either

- Install and configure stunnel and connect valknut to localhost:8000 without checking the SSL box.

or

- Just browse people's lists and download from there.
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

Thanks for that
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

useful little advice actually. I had that problem myself a while back, but as I barely use the search I decided against bothering with any work around. However probably useful for a few other people!
xyzzy

Post by xyzzy »

If anyone dares to use a recent version of valknut they can enable "Adjust hub details in search results" in Options -> Connection -> Settings.