This client is running 0.7.15???

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

ckemahli

This client is running 0.7.15???

Post by ckemahli »

I went away over easter with my DC working fine last term, i come back and now this is a message i get when it tries to connect, ive updated my ip address in settings and cant understand why things would have changed.

Im running Valknut 3.13 MAC

cheers
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

That is just one of the messages the hub sends out when you connect to it and refers to the hub rather than the client itself. Is that all it says before it goes onto Connection Timeout? Have you tried just leaving it for 5 mins or so to see if it connect after a little while?
ckemahli

Post by ckemahli »

Over the holidays i moved my entire warwick sharing file onto my external hard drive, to free the laptop up a bit, ive moved over 5gb back and it says im banned for a number of minutes this time!! I use a 500gb external and a 160gb internal for my sharing, but as the laptop was only at 5gb maybe it didnt want me to join with just the minimum!
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Why can't you just share everything on the external drive? The idea is to share as much as possible and not the bare minimum. Just add the folders into your share off the external in File -> Settings -> Sharing
ckemahli

Post by ckemahli »

the hard drive is also connected and sharing, however i have 2 computers, both mac, and so i alternate as to which one is on dc and which is plugged onto the hard drive, as i use the hard dirve to watch films through the ps3 and tv, it sometimes means im not sharing the hard drive but always have the minimum needed to be unbanned, can u check to make sure im not on some ban list for failing to reach the 5gb min? cheers
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

The nick you're using on here isn;t banned for not sharing enough. What is your IP (just in case that is banned instead)
ckemahli

Post by ckemahli »

on last check it was 137.205.68.163, really dont understand what has happened with my settings, i might just delete the whole app and start again!
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

I doubt that IP is banned. Might be useful trying to reconfigure valknut and making sure that shared stuff is hashed.
ckemahli

Post by ckemahli »

i got fed up with the ugly valknut and decided on using shakespeer, which is much prettier and user friendly, however to get it to work, and this should be on the webpage, u need to have ur MAC OS X 10.4 install disc handy in order to install X11 the windows sticher, as otherwsie Darwine wont run properly. X11 is already built into osx they just havent activated it, fun fun. So im now waiting for a friend to bring me his install disc to get this thing running!!
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

Goodluck with that! I hope you get shakespear working. Could you please make a note of the steps you took and send them to either astropoint or myself as lots of people are having trouble with that client.

:) all the best
ckemahli

Post by ckemahli »

OK, i got X11 to install off the MAC install discs, so now shakespeer is working, however when i connect to the number provided i get this message

Please check out http://www.epguides.com/ for details on TV programme
release dates. You're likely to be kicked if you ask for anything that's not
been broadcast yet!
[14:15] <Hub> Welcome to twofo - http://www.twofo.co.uk/

Only students and alumni of the University of Warwick and those with express
prior authorisation may connect to and use this hub. You may not connect to
this hub for the intent of harvesting user information. If you do not meet
this criteria, you must disconnect now, otherwise you will be reported to
the appropriate authorities (e.g. CERT/JANET).

We do not condone the sharing of copyrighted files and users should make
sure that they have a license for all their content.

* MIN SHARE 5GiB *

Please check out http://www.epguides.com/ for details on TV programme
release dates. You're likely to be kicked if you ask for anything that's not
been broadcast yet!

Problem is, no members are visible meaning i cant actually download off of them!! Any ideas
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

What address are you connecting to?
ie. Are you using the stunnel connection?
ckemahli

Post by ckemahli »

am using the stunnel you advised, using the steps in the how to, i connect to the 127.0.0.1:8000 number and i get it saying This hub is running version 0.7.15 again like i did with valknut
Rampage

Post by Rampage »

Hi,

What I was trying to get you to do earlier was create a new user and run shakespear under that user. So you created "cem2" and put rules to allow access.
I'm not sure if they are right, as i would have expected "cem2" instead of "Cembo" in the following.

Code: Select all

[15:09:56] <CemKemahli> host-137-205-68-163:~ Cembo$ sudo ipfw list 
00111 allow tcp from any to 127.0.0.1 uid Cembo 
00112 allow tcp from any to 137.205.0.0/16 uid Cembo 
00113 allow udp from any to 137.205.0.0/16 uid Cembo 
00114 allow tcp from any to 87.117.203.9 uid Cembo 
65535 allow ip from any to any 
Well anyway, if it does work the way it is then good, try and see if shakespear can connect now. Might need to do something in settings (shakespear).

Also since you said that you had allowed shakespear in the firewall i was a bit surprised to see no rule for that in the list above that you pasted.

Anyway lets see how things go