banned?

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

footballleg123

banned?

Post by footballleg123 »

Hi

I think I have been banned. Rampage blocked me because he said I wasnt sharing any data, even tho i explained that I was gonna share data very soon once i had unpacked my external hard drive. So I apologize if he didn't fully understand me.

Is it possible I could be unblocked. I can now share as my hard drive is connected up

Many Thanks

dbuk
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

PM-ed about this. The conversation I saw did indicate that you were not sharing because the min share was zero, not due the the lack of an external hard drive. Also, if you are downloading stuff, then you must be downloading it to somewhere, be it external or not, and so that can be shared.

Just as a warning for other people, we repeat again that the minimum share is NOT an indication of how much you should be sharing. it is kept low so that people with smaller drives, no much original stuff can get onto the hub.
If people just share the minimum "because that is all it requires", then the hub would die. Simple as that.
Just picture 20 on campus people all sharing 0B and you get the idea.

Sorry to rant but this really does need saying early on.
footballleg123

Post by footballleg123 »

ooh I see. fair enough. i did say tho in the convo that u must have read, that I would upload some stuff. Well I understand how the minimum share thing works now. Ill defo Upload lots of stuff to share with other users

Who's Ed by the way?
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

No Ed, sorry, PM-ed as in private messaged :P
footballleg123

Post by footballleg123 »

cool, i think i did pm u b4.

cheers