Stunnel for kubuntulinux

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

tekkenlord

Stunnel for kubuntulinux

Post by tekkenlord »

Hello,

I am running DC++ under kubuntu edgy. I would like to get some help on stunnel as the instructions posted on the wiki do not seem to work for me, i.e cannot connect to localhost:8000. Also, the hub address has changed but the stunnel.conf file is supposed to be edited with the old hub address. Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

:D
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

Are you running linuxDC or DC++ under WINE? (If you use valknut there is inbuilt SSL support!)

The hub address has not changed it is still hub.twofo.co.uk:4144 or 4146 for SSL connections (I think).

Also make sure you run the command

Code: Select all

stunnel -d twofo -c -d localhost:8000 -r hub.twofo.co.uk:4146
as root/use sudo! I found it wouldn't work without.

Hope this helps!

Kat
tekkenlord

Post by tekkenlord »

Yes!!! I now understood the difference between the two hub ports. I also ran the command as root and was finally able to connect to localhost:8000 using the hub 4146 . What I was trying to do was to connect to hub 4144 using SSL as well...and I got everything mixed up...

Smelly_Kat, Thanks a lot!!!!!
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

w00t!
Another satisfied customer! :)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

using L I N U X!!!! YAY!!! see it's worth the effort to switch to L I N U X from Windows...
Last edited by echelon on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
itsmonktastic

Post by itsmonktastic »

tekkenlord, if you add the following line to the end of .bashrc in your home directory (it's there, just hidden)

alias twofo='sudo stunnel -d twofo -c -d localhost:8000 -r hub.twofo.co.uk:4146'

in every terminal (konsole etc) you open as your user from now on you can just type "twofo". Pretty crude I know but takes like 5 seconds :)
tekkenlord

Post by tekkenlord »

Itsmonktastic, thank you very much for your advice!

PS: L i n u x is simply amazing!
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

You know, there is one thing windows/pc users can do that Mac/L I N U X (fuck you bigG) users can't do: shutting the hell up.
Last edited by Zeus on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satan Commands Me
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Zeus wrote:You know, there is one thing windows/pc users can do that Mac/windows users can't do: shutting the hell up.
exactly... seeing as lin ux is not on that list of crappy complainers we're definitely superior. We let our OS speak for itself and simply point ppl towards it to try it. Good software speaks for itself :twisted: