Whats the situation with on-campus Twofo right now?

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

Chicken44

Whats the situation with on-campus Twofo right now?

Post by Chicken44 »

Hi, just moved back to campus this year, and firstly, I must admit I'm really not very advanced in my knowledge or understanding of the Twofo hubs(s) or DC++.

But I, along with many many other people I know, really don't have the slightest clue as to whats the current situation with getting on the hub right now.

All I know is that my DC++ doesn't seem to properly connect to twofo.kicks-ass.net:4145, hub.twofo.co.uk:4144 or any other hub address I have.

Is there a new one I could use to get online? Is there any hub up and running at all right now..?? And if not, whats the likelihood of anything changing in the foreseeable future? All I've heard is rumours. Any help with this would be massively appreciated... thanks alot guys :)
Chicken44

Post by Chicken44 »

Oh, and I've heard about something called 'stunnel' which apparently enables on-campus ppl to get onto the hub.. anyone have any info on that by any chance? thanks again
xyzzy

Post by xyzzy »

Firstly, make sure you read the rules for what you can and can't do on the resnet
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/ ... net/rules/

If you still want to use DC++ after reading them, look here
http://www.twofo.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Effectively, there is NO on campus hub and there won't ever be this year. If you get caught by ITS using DC++ you will be disconnected and fined. We do not know how likely this is to happen so it's entirely up to you whether or not you want to take the risk of coming onto twofo.
Instructions for using stunnel to connect to twofo are at www.twofo.co.uk/wiki Please don't go to the stunnel website and install it fromt here as it will not work