Yay for the crappyness of ITS/Resnet

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Yay for the crappyness of ITS/Resnet

Post by astropoint »

In responce to the reports of people having their blogs shut down or even being disconnected from the resnet for suggesting that ITS might just be more than a little incompetant/stupid/<insert own choice of word> or that, god forbid, we find an alternate internet supplier :shock: , I thought I would create a nice little thread where people can rant about the state of the resnet.
I would like to point out that people using these forums can feel safe in the knowledge that they can post their derogatory/insulting comments about ITS free of the burden of worrying about what ITS will do about you.
Post away :D

P.S. I know that alot of people currently can't access the internet due to the generaly crappyness of the network, but it's the thought that counts
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

haha I'm done with my coursework and I am not on the ShiteNet!!! so basically I can rant away!! and I will....

ITS are probably the most useless ISPs I have ever encountered they're even worse than BT and even NTL.. basically probably the worst ISP in the country... if it wasn't for the complete monopoly and fascist rule they would have gone bankrupt and been long gone.

Unfortunately for all on-campus students the university seemingly support fascism and dictatorships and continue to allow ITS to ruthlessly intimidate any poor student that actually dares voice what every single student on-campus thinks: "ITS aren't doing their job properly!"
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

NTL pwn ;)

[Wooo... 200 posts...]
yoinkster

Post by yoinkster »

when you end up saying something like ntl > * then you know that you are having serious problems
but oh yesh
ntl > ITS

bwahahahahahaha. fucking wankers down there.
you should be ashamed of urselves for cashing in ur paychecks considering the lack of work you avoid at all costs.
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Just thought I'd post this classic comment from the Resnet forums
ITS wrote:The answer phone is there to make everyone aware that we are aware of the issues
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

Lol
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

[rant]Well somehow, ITS or somebody have made things worse. Didn;t think it was posible, but they did. Today was meant to be a nice happy day where they replaced the firewall and made everything right again. Why did I bother hoping?
Now we can;t seem to go more than a couple of hours without the internet dying completely. Not only that, but the proxy is now dead, so they must have gotten to that too. It's a sad day when the resnet is more reliable than the proxy, and given the state of the resnet that's something ITS might actually be impressed with.
We are now only one step away from where we were at the end of term 1 with the whole lot resetting every 2 mins. (And at least that only happened at peak times. What they've done now seems to strike at any time of the day. Utter madness!) but this time it isn't due to faulty hardware it seems, but due to the general patheticness of ITS/the uni, you name it. Obviously as students we simply don't matter. God forbid that we should be allowed to read our emails (in which form, every important piece of information about our courses are sent to us)
[/rant]

All done now. Just felt like venting for a while
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Oh well, nothing good lasts forever. There was I over the past few days thinking things were actually getting better on the resnet. No more 7:30 resets, internet was a bit slow, but usable...and then...at 7:30...IT ALL RESET AGAIN. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!
Oh well
Sod 'em all
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

ITS...eewwww... What more can I say :?
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

OK rant time...I'm sooooo pissed off with ITS - being the incompetant retarded twats that should have their nuts cut off and put in a blender, they've fucking deleted my user account despite the fact I'm coming back to warwick next year!!!! I've lost count of how many e-mails I've sent them over the last few weeks and they've just e-mailed me back saying my record says I've left - which is the biggest pile of bullshit ever as the student records ppl have assured me my record has been corrected!! So...

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE ITS DIE!!!!

Ah, I feel so much better now I've got that out!

ITS: If any of you retarded fuckwits have figured out how to open your web browser, navigate to the forums and read this (which I very much doubt you're capable of) you may kiss my arse and go fuck yourselves!

Oh god that felt good! I feel so much better now :D
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

PS. Holy crap, that was almost worthy of Zeus
johnno

Post by johnno »

Same thing happened to me last year, Kat. They obviously never learn.
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

"almost" being the operative word there... you still lack my imaginative torture and insults.... go work on it and come see me in 3 weeks

EDITED TO ADD THIS - PS, i had no need to swear so the above text did not require my usual mutilatingly crude and rude insults. (heck even that was original)
Satan Commands Me
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

lol I clearly need to work on my insults - fancy teaching me :P
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

for a rate of £100/h sure :p
Satan Commands Me