Twofo Test Hub

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Twofo Test Hub

Post by astropoint »

There is now a beta version of twofo running on a 100MBit connection. We are looking to move over to this hub and replace the original twofo (which is on a much slower line, hence the problems when there are lots of users)
However, before we do this, we want to test the hub first with as many users as possible. Off campus people can connect directly to it at hub.twofo.co.uk:4145 On camus people will have to redownload and replace your copies of stunnel (if you were using it of course. You can get it from the same place as before http://manyhappy.members.beeb.net/stunnel.rar Once this is running, connecting to localhost:9000 should take you onto towofo as normal, but localhost:8000 will take you onto the test hub.

Please feel free to try this and report any problems you may have
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Also, if you're using a DC client that can handle SSL connections natively, you should be able to connect directly to hub.twofo.co.uk:4146 .

Cocodude
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

That's only necessary from on campus though
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

Just to let you know that testing is going pretty well with the new hub and if testing continues to go well, it may become the default hub sometime this week.

Cocodude
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

OK, wiggle's hub is now the default hub. All normal users are automatically redirected to hub.twofo.co.uk:4144 while all stunnel users are redirected to localhost:8000.

I'll put something on the main page shortly.

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes I did notice the change when I logged on today :P

Seems to work very nicely though I havent tested the redirect myself. I'm sure u're also happy that ur connection can have a break and maybe even use the bandwidth for something else hehe
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

The difference really is quite astounding, even with my traffic shaper on. The latency is vastly improved :-)

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

I'm glad to hear it... make sure u use the free bandwidth for something useful now ;)