stunnel

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

localhost:9000 is for normal twofo
sizzler

Post by sizzler »

It doesn't seem to work for me, is it just localhost:9000 in the address setup on hubs?

I've got stunnel in the system tray, which TCP port do we use?

HELP! is there any advantage in doing this, or can i still connect via SOCKS5?
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Twofo is currently donw due to maintanience. No ETA on when it will be back up. The test hub is running if you want to connect to that - hub.twofo.co.uk for off cmapus or socks5 and localhost:8000 with the latest copies of stunnel.
stunnel is a much mroe reliable method of connection that socks5 as the ssl server should go down and should always be accesible
AR

Post by AR »

I need some help getting it to work on OSX. I've installed and configured Darwine, and downloaded and extracted the stunnel.rar file from the link, and installed x11, but although applications like notepad work fine, every time I try and run the stunnel.exe file it comes up with an error message saying "stunnel.exe has exited with an error, have a look at the log file." Unfortunately the log file is blank so I have no idea what's wrong! Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

You might be able to get a proper version of stunnel for OS X if you're lucky. It's available for Linux and other similar OSs. Alternately, if you can get valknut running on OS X, it has inbuilt support for SSL so you might be able to follow the Linux instructions.

Cocodude
kt

everything's gone wrong!

Post by kt »

hi. i'm hoping somebody can help. i would read the guide on the wiki if i knew what the wiki was.... anyway, here's the deal: i've downloaded stunnel, and i run it before opening dc++. i have changed my settings to active and inserted the correct IP address. i have changed the hub to localhost:9000 and localhost:8000 (as i have seen both recommended) but nothing works. i still get the message that i have been rejected by the target machine. i even tried turning off all firewall protection and this had no effect. does anyone know what i could be doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. kt.
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Not sure what's going on with it at the moment. Quite a few people are saying that they can't connect and we don't know why (yet)
kt

Post by kt »

ok, thanks a lot, i'll check back :)
Tsenister

Post by Tsenister »

yeh i cant get on either sucks balls.......................
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Are you able to connect now?
God

Post by God »

should work now kt, tneister. make sure you restart the stunnel client
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

kt if you dont know what the wiki is then you havent downloaded astropoint's version of stunnel have u? Which could very well be another reason why you don't get anything when connecting to localhost:8000 and localhost:9000..
kt

Post by kt »

i just tried again and no luck. i didn't download astropoint's version, no. a friend told me to go to the stunnel homepage and download the stunnel-install.exe file. that seemed to download stunnel just fine, and i can currently run it no problem. i did try opening the .rar file astropoint generously offered, by my computer did not know how to open it, and it is not a file extension i am familiar with, so i didn't know what it ought to open with.
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Get the zip file instead (and tell your friend that he/she is an idiot - the one from the stunnel home page isn't set up for using twofo)
http://manyhappy.members.beeb.net/stunnel.zip
Extract the files and run stunnel.exe Then connect DC++ to localhost:8000
kt

Post by kt »

thank you very much, it's now finally working. a side note though: why would i tell my friend that he's an idiot because he made a mistake while trying to help me with the information he had? i appreciate your help, but that's simply rude of you to suggest.