stunnel

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

BLA BLA!!! MacOS noob and windows Noobs!!!

There is no reason for me to argue with you on OS superiority, as lin-ux out performs windows and MacOS as well for that matter (tho MacOS is built on OSS anyway yet Apple and Steve Jobs just took the credit for it!! :evil:)

And now that we're all on the topic here are some nice links about ur good friends Microsoft that u seem to praise so highly:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30989

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30990

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30948

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30877

You guys still praise the evil that is behind the evil Windows?? Oh and these are only a small pickout!! I can find more if u want!!
Last edited by echelon on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

-flipacoin delete this post...
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

It sounds as though there is enough demand for a Wiki entry on stunnel (even though the Windows download is already available). If anyone who's got it working (or astro/Kat) could write up a tiny article, I'll like to it from the main page. I've, of course, got stunnel working on my Gentoo box, but Gentoo isn't really a distro for normal users :)

Cocodude
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

No that's true cocodude, but its a linux distro thus a proper operating system!! :lol:

and yes I think stunnel is the preferred connection method so a small help guide would probably be a good idea!

I nominate astro and kat for the guide writers since they did the panmaster's guide to connecting to dc :P (astro can do the winblows one since I doubt he wants to do the linux one hehe, and kat can do the linux one for ubuntu, since we all know that if kat can do it... well everyone can :P) *hides*
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Well I have already put it guide to using it on the front page of the wiki. Don't know if you wanted it put elsewhere though
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

/me *SPANKS* Echelon till his arse turns purple! :P

As for a guide - astro's already put up a short guide on the front page of the wiki. I've written an idiots guide for linux but I can't see there being much demand for it, so I haven't posted it online yet.

Kat
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

POST IT!! it's about equality.. and how will people start using linux if ppl start becoming arrogant nerds that don't wanna help!! :P

The path to getting more ppl to venture into linux, to be enlightened and freed from the slavery of microsoft, is through helpfulness and panmaster guides :D
zero

Post by zero »

I've got it set up and working. It's ace! Thank you astropoint for making it so bleedin' easy and thank you cocodude for setting it up in the first place =)
quazar

Post by quazar »

Please post the URL to the wiki with the details of how to setup stunnel.

Cheers
:D
Smelly_Kat

Post by Smelly_Kat »

quazar: Have you actually read this thread?? There is a guide and a link to stunnel.rar on there already!!

http://www.twofo.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Last edited by Smelly_Kat on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Theres also a guide on about the 5th post of this thread

EDIT Ok, make that the 6th post
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

quazar wrote:Please post the URL to the wiki with the details of how to setup stunnel.

Cheers
:D
I nominate you biggest douche of the day!!

As kat and astro have already pointed out the link was already posted!!
Gem

Connecting to DC

Post by Gem »

Maybe someone can help me, i have downloaded stunnel and connected to localhost:9000 but it wants a password,

Is this normal? Anyone know the password?

ta
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Choose a different nick. It jsut means that somebody ahs already registered whatever nick you are trying to use
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

If you are using the same nick you usually use on twofo, it will be the same password that you use on the normal twofo. It might ask for a password because it hasn't saved it because it thinks you're connecting to something new.

Cocodude