Problem with IP and Hostname (blocked)

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

zani

Problem with IP and Hostname (blocked)

Post by zani »

Hey

There is a problem with my IP and Hostname being blocked. It worked yesterday, I don't think I've been sharing anything that is deemed indecent. Can you please help me solve the problem so I can get my fix of Jonathan Creek.

Would be much appreciated.
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

mebe the share lim has gone up how much are u sharing ?
zani

Post by zani »

I am sharing the right amount, 10 gb, it surely wouldn't have worked if I hadn't and would have specified the problem...instead I'm left wondering what I've done wrong!
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

well actualy it would work but u would be banned but only a 5min ban.....a perm ban would mean u were not sharing the rite file or obscene/offensive content. What kind of files are you sharing ? c:/windows :lol: ?
astropoint
The life and soul of the party

Post by astropoint »

Copy from other thread:
I've sent a pm asking for some details (IP etc). Reply and I'll have a look into why you are banned
zani

Post by zani »

Umm, sorry I may me majorly thick but what exactly is it you want me to do (I blame doing stats and having american pie 2 on in the background)

In answer to the other question I'm sharing reasonable stuff, jonathan creek, lost, beauty and the beast (!).
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

In the box with this message in, at the bottom, will be a link called pm. Click on it to send me a message and give me your IP, nick on twofo (if it's different from your nick here) and any kick messages you may have gotten
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

to correct Crazyfool there is no such thing as a 5min ban. it is by default 30mins and otherwise completely up to the OP kicking u. If ur nick or IP have been blocked then plz specify this in a private message to Astropoint or myself or any of the others OPs and we can look into the problem.

Also as Astropoint has said it would be nice if u could include any kick messages you may have received.

If you do not have any of this information then please provide a bit more information as to when you could not connect and the error message given. ie connection timeout etc. and any other relevant information (especially ur nick and IP are very important pieces of information).

We'll do our best to look into the problem and hopefully we should find a solution within 24 hrs.
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

I've sorted it. She was kicked by yoinkster for sharing some un-named VOB files
cocodude
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by cocodude »

My official rule with unnamed VOB files (not trying to claim that anyone was doing any different) is now as follows:

- If the VOB files are in a directory that has a suitable name (e.g. the name of the movie), then they are acceptable files and disregard the below.
- If (min share, preferably at the time of joining) >= (total sum of shared files) - (total sum of unnamed the VOB files) then they may be kicked at your discretion. Take into account other files that are shared.

Cocodude
astropoint

Post by astropoint »

Most people we kick for it just have many GBs of VTS01.Vob in folders called VIDEO_TS. All a bit useless really :(
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

I agree with the above rule cocodude.. its the fair way.

tho as Astropoint says I think we've been following those currently anyway.. then again I havent actually kicked anyone for VOB files really.. Yoinkster always gets to them b4 me :P
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

fine 30 mins :P dam u for being so rite echelon!! :twisted:
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

CrAzYfOoL wrote:fine 30 mins :P dam u for being so rite echelon!! :twisted:
yea I kno.. its a bit of a curse :P
BigG
Forum Spammer

Post by BigG »

CrAzYfOoL is right, there is a 5min ban issued by Dogtanian when a user isn't sharing enough files and they try and connect