ITS guy

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

Keynes_

ITS guy

Post by Keynes_ »

Hi there,
An ITS guy just came to my room and checked if my internet connection was working fine. He put some cable/device in the network socket. Guys, was this normal procedure? One other thing i noticed was that after he left, he didnt check with any other flat. Please give your thoughts...
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

he was probing you ;) sounds like he was actually testin the port for connectivity had u complained about anything like slow internet etc ?
Keynes_

Post by Keynes_ »

no...
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

hummm well mebe they were actally testing ur port ? they can monitor ports externally thy dont have to come into rooms (as i found out when my port got cut off) so i dont think its anything to do with that. mebe their system was showing a problem with the port so they decided to check it out thats a possibility
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

I dont actually think u should worry.. its actually rather a good thing that they're actually trying to test their hardware.. means they're doin somethin :P
Keynes_

Post by Keynes_ »

i just saw a paper hanging by the kitchen door. apparently, they were randomly checking rooms for internet speeds. SO i guess its not something to worry about. But should i start logging back onto DC now? or do u guys think otherwise...
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

well DC is against the AUP so..... i guess use it @ ur own risk...(but make use of it while the shaper is out ;))