What is going on with DC++?

Chat about twofo and other information sharing portals.

Moderator: Operators

jacqouilles

What is going on with DC++?

Post by jacqouilles »

Hi !

Just wondering what has been going on with DC++ since the Christmas holidays? I keep trying to log on but it keeps telling me that the connection has been reset by server - what does this mean?!?!

Also if DC isnt working is there some other program i could use for downloading?

Thank You!

J
xyzzy

Post by xyzzy »

Nothing much has changed regarding DC++ and twofo from last term. Twofo is still running, using DC++ is still a violation of the resnet AUP and is still blocked.

Most likely, you need to update whatever method you were using to access twofo from before Christmas (i.e. find a new proxy server).
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

exactly as written above but the sometimes the server rejects socks 5 requests so try some random ports on the proxys...
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

as xyzzy says twofo has not changed and is still running.

ITS have activated the traffic shaper again (it was shut down during the x-mas holidays) and that is again as annoying as ever..

I'm afraid that the risk of being find still exists especially if u try using Bittorrent.. I would not recommend on-campus users trying to use Bittorent... well unless u r for some odd reason trying to get fined
CrAzYfOoL
Forum Spammer

Post by CrAzYfOoL »

wow i wanna use BT lets see how much they can fine me in one month ;) im guessin lots.... so the morral of the story kids is dont do drugs (ow and dont use BT)
echelon
Uber Forum Spammer

Post by echelon »

Yes dont use BT.. but the drugs.. u could always use them.. blame ITS if anything goes wrong..

and ITS may even support the drugs as it might make the RESNET seem better :D